ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

197 replacement...

PH1 172
Well, the clio went this morning to its new home and to be horsed around the Nurburgring in 4 weeks time! Sad to see it go but at the same time i felt i had brought it as far as i wanted to. The new owner will probably make himself known and im sure he will look after the car very well!

So onwards and upwards to new things - after buying the 106 for tracking and a bit of fun i was torn whether to go for something comfortable of buy a subaru/integra!

After driving the clubsport the decision was made! The most effortless car to drive and the note off the engine is fantastic! Nice big comfy cruiser - totally standard and one elderly owner from new :D Over the moon with it

clubsport1.gif

clubsport2.gif

Comments welcome

/Ross

PH1 172
its a 330 - 231bhp without silly insurance of a M3

the LY was the worst car ot drive in the world - and stepping outta the 197 into a 2002 bmw seems like a world up as far as build quality and class are concerned!

PH1 172
^ marginally quicker on paper for acceleration and top end it wud go past the 197. in reality the 197 wud prob be quicker on most roads!

the 197 was great - but dont the whole hot hatch things now and felt it was time for somethings i bit more refined and nicer to drive every day!

Porsche Boxster987S
its a 330 - 231bhp without silly insurance of a M3

the LY was the worst car ot drive in the world - and stepping outta the 197 into a 2002 bmw seems like a world up as far as build quality and class are concerned!

lol fair play

Z4
what was wrong with the 197 :(

is this quicker?

should be very simmilar tbh, I know what I'd prefer have though...and it's not stuck together with garlic and snails.

I wouldn't mind a 330ci (or d) sport myself but finding a decent low mileage one is a mission.

The only thing with the clubsport I would say is, get rid of the hidious spoiler! Orrible. Replace it with the small lip imo.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Clubsports are indeed very very nice cars. s**t spoilers though. Really really s**t.

J03

MX5 1.8
love BMWs! looks great! there use to be one exactly the same where i live.. same colour, wheels and the gay spoiler

MCS R56
Don't listen to them, the spoiler looks the part. Makes it different from every other E46 3 series, apart from M3 obviously.

I'm enjoying mine, so far (Bought it a month ago). So much nicer than the Clio in every way! What mileage has it done?

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Leave them wheels imo.

You'll prob find theyre quicker than the clio's in a straight line quite easily but dont handle as well. Most people disagree on here but i've tested it a million and one times. My old dear has a 330 which is my whip most of the time. Its just theyre smoooooth! RWD ftw! ;)

MCS R56
Leave them wheels imo.

You'll prob find theyre quicker than the clio's in a straight line quite easily but dont handle as well. Most people disagree on here but i've tested it a million and one times. My old dear has a 330 which is my whip most of the time. Its just theyre smoooooth! RWD ftw! ;)

They do handle pretty well but you feel the weight in the corners. Definitely a bit quicker in a straight line and in gear, especially at higher speeds.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
They do handle pretty well but you feel the weight in the corners. Definitely a bit quicker in a straight line and in gear, especially at higher speeds.

Tbh i do find they handle well. Predictable. I find the traction control on them awful if it kicks in. i turn it off everytime i'm in the car unless its wet..lol

Straight line though and out of corners they pull fairly well really. Plenty or torque. Low in the rev range too.

MCS R56
Tbh i do find they handle well. Predictable. I find the traction control on them awful if it kicks in. i turn it off everytime i'm in the car unless its wet..lol

Straight line though and out of corners they pull fairly well really. Plenty or torque. Low in the rev range too.

I've not really pushed it enough for the TC to cut in. It's too smooth to be hussled, not like the Clio!

Not to say I won't try it out when the local roundabout is wet and quiet!

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
I've not really pushed it enough for the TC to cut in. It's too smooth to be hussled, not like the Clio!

Not to say I won't try it out when the local roundabout is wet and quiet!

You kidding me? I must drive like a loon but it always kicks in.