ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Extended servicing / refurb

Clio RS3 200
Hi everyone,

I got myself a 2010 Clio 200 last year with about 100k miles on the clock, just as a fun car for weekend spins up mountain roads (not a track car). The vehicle was well maintained by the previous owner with servicing done as in the book. This is actually my second such Clio, as I previously had a 197 from new which I sold at about 50k miles, and I'm surprised at how well the 100k miles car still feels! :-D

Plan is to keep this Clio for long-term, which brings me to extended servicing. What would you recommend as timeframes for changing / replacing / refurbishing items which are not in the standard service list? Does anyone here have experience with maintenance of very long mileage 197/200 Clios? I'm thinking of items such as:
- Gearbox oil
- Dampers
- Steering and suspension bushings
- And probably, eventually, an engine rebuild

Thanks a lot everyone!

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
Gearbox oil yearly depending on how much you use it. Maybe push to 2 years if you do 1000 miles a year and you keep it in a garage

Shockers get tired after about 5 years of smashing over UK roads
Bushes and steering bits just replace when they're worn out and have play or feel slack
Engine rebuild I wouldn't bother with either, there are plenty of 150k+ mile F4Rs out there and every one I've seen on a Dyno still did respectable numbers

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
Gearbox oil yearly depending on how much you use it. Maybe push to 2 years if you do 1000 miles a year and you keep it in a garage

Shockers get tired after about 5 years of smashing over UK roads
Bushes and steering bits just replace when they're worn out and have play or feel slack
Engine rebuild I wouldn't bother with either, there are plenty of 150k+ mile F4Rs out there and every one I've seen on a Dyno still did respectable numbers
Gearbox oil yearly?! Bloody hell, I knew they were made of cheese but that’s pish. Can you slap a 250 gearbox in there?

Clio RS3 200
Thanks guys. I know the gearbox is a weak point in this car but yearly oil change probably pushes it a bit. Or, why doesn't Renault servicing have gearbox oil changes in the menu?

Clio RS3 200
Funny thing is, I can't find anywhere the 'official' guide for transmission oil change, hence this post 😁