ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

197 Steering wheel

Clio 182
While pretending to work today I started wondering if the new 197 steering wheel could be fitted into a 172 / 182 and be able to hook up the cruise control, air bag etc... Would anyone know? I quite like the look of the new wheel. Not so bus like.

Cheers

Paul.

G_F

BMW M3 & Williams 3
Yeah but in a crash, i would like my head top come to rest on a nice soft airbag, not smash my teeth on the steering wheel and have momo imprinted on my face...

Lionel Richie
GavFre said:
Yeah but in a crash, i would like my head top come to rest on a nice soft airbag, not smash my teeth on the steering wheel and have momo imprinted on my face...

and have pretty good burns too

G_F

BMW M3 & Williams 3
miketheman2k said:
...ah, so that's the reason you're buying a volvo :clown:

lol Nah, don’t read the ncap tests with a glint in my eye and a smile on my face or anything like that. Test drove a s60R (300bhp) and fell in love, also people on the m/way just move out the way for you assuming its traffic patrol, its very weird..

182, SRT8, RS4, GT-R
I read on here not too long ago that if you have harnesses your probably safer than a standard belt?? Hence when people get buckets and harnesses they usually go for an aftermarket wheel too?
Am i talking utter crap?lol

Clio 182
I would'nt want to go the harnesses and bucket seat route. Not a fan for them in an everyday use car in a track only car yes. Could you imagine picking your bird up and she has to strap herself in to your seat before you go anywhere, with big massive wings coming out the side of the chair restricting that all important blow job she's been thinking of giving you when you drop her back off at home !! Thats the reason why i'd like to fit a steering wheel with an airbag and can be hooked up like a standard one and get rid of the old falling apart bus sized 182 wheel !!

182, SRT8, RS4, GT-R
Yeah its not exactly 'user friendly',lol. Are there aftermarket wheels that come with airbags?

Turbos.
Only numpties drive around with harnesses anyway. I'd like to see a full 197 dash conversion, that would be awesome.

Clio 182
Probably, i've never looked but I just think the new wheel would look better and still be able to use the cruise control.

Honda Civic Type R '02
never seen an aftermarket wheel with an airbag.
looks sweet, but don't they all hav to have connections for all the different make's/models