ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1994 172'd Mk1 Valver Track Car

david hodson

ClioSport Club Member
Both my screens on my clio172 and megane r26 chipped then cracked
whatever you do dont let them repair the windscreen what a waste of time and money!!

BMW M5 & E36
Hai. Quick bump.

Another trackday down at Mallory last weekend for the RTOC National Day, really enjoyed it. The good news is that I didn't have to touch a tool all weekend and my windscreen hasn't yet cracked! :D

Yes it's still in primer, meh.

20100814135414.jpg

DSC01071.jpg

DSC01096.jpg

DSC01183.jpg

preview_IMG_3997-1.jpg

Oulton Park a week tomorrow on the 1st, then that'll be me done :)

BMW M5 & E36
Another trackday completed :)

Went upto Warrington on tuesday night and stayed with f0xy in preparation for Oulton Park on Wednesday. Turned out to be a cracking day and brilliant sunshine throughout which made a nice change from Mallory last month!

I put my Dunlop slicks on as soon as I got there as it looked like it'd be staying dry. I left them on for the whole day and they were great. 1 of the rears was showing a slight bit of canvas before the day, and now the other side rear is showing a bit to match so they can go in the bin! Luckily I have another pair at home to replace them with.

Only problems I had were a rear wheel bearing pretty much collapsing towards the end of the day, and my million mile old DS2500 pads wearing down to the backing plate. Luckily Adam had a spare pair of rear discs/bearings with him so I borrowed one of them to drive home on.

IMG_4354-.jpg

Not many pictures I'm afraid, had my video in for the first time this year though (and last, it's nackered as you'll see in the 3rd vid!).

Steady 1st session, spin right at the end :clown: (awful awful aspect ratio, i c**ked up!):

2nd Session:

Whiteley vs f0xy...... excuse the camera going dicky!

Last edited by a moderator:
  TrackCar & F30 330d
The car looks awesum in that picture :)

Looks like a lucky spin, if the grass was wet you have have had to do a bit of pannle beating :S

BMW M5 & E36
The video makes it look a lot closer than it actually was, had a fair bit of room before the tyres really. First time I've 'spun' the car really, I usually keep hold of it with a 'dab of oppo' and a boot full of power!

BMW M5 & E36
Oh, also, for those who I told previously that I was seriously considering breaking it over the winter, well now I'm not, it's way too much fun :D.

Think that'll be it for this year unless any more days crop up dirt cheap, then it'll be taken off the road for the winter. Before next years trackdays it WILL be painted Mondial blue, I'm determined, although it does look hard as nails in primer!

Oh, also, for those who I told previously that I was seriousdoinly considering breaking it over the winter, well now I'm not, it's way too much fun :D.

Think that'll be it for this year unless any more days crop up dirt cheap, then it'll be taken off the road for the winter. Before next years trackdays it WILL be painted Mondial blue, I'm determined, although it does look hard as nails in primer!

Looking good fella,

Out of interest what sort of lap times are you doing around Cadwell? Just looking at swapping my track prepared Impreza for something else a little cheaper on fuel....

My best so far is about 1m 45s but 150-200 quid on fuel every trackday gets a bit tiresome!!!!!

BMW M5 & E36
Thanks.

I didn't get any of Cadwell on camera when I went this year so can't really give a definite answer, but going from other peoples videos around there who I know I'm similar pace to I'd say 1.45ish isn't far off the mark for me either.

£150+ on fuel a day is quite good going! At Oulton I used roughly £70 on track I'd say and that was ~180 track miles, then another £30 to get there/back. £100 for the whole thing isn't too bad I guess.

BMW M5 & E36
I SORN'd the car the other day and refunded tax/insurance, so it has now been parked up for the winter ready to be forgotten about. No plans for it whatsoever - I learnt my lesson last winter after taking on a bit too much with the rebuild!

I'll probably paint it at the start of next year before trackdays, no point doing it now as it'll just sit collecting dust and probably get scratched anyway.

utf-8BSU1HMDAxNDQtMjAxMDEwMDItMTI0MS5qcGc.jpg

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
Loving the storm grey, I mean primer mate :)

Shame you're going to waste money on painting it if its just a track hack, it will only get stone chipped and possibly scratched if you have any excursions (sp)

TrackCar & F30 330d
<3 your garage space :)

No wander you can be arsed to mess around with it this winter, you did shed loads last time.

I look forward to seeing it painted, it'll look fantastic if it looks like the PS you did :D

Trophy Turbo :)
and wot about me lol you not like me no more ;)
car will look good when its painted

I dont normaly see you tho adam for the smoke :) You know i love you really son shine, Ill start again.

Cars looking quick as normal mate, well done Hope too see you and Jord and Adam and all the other lads Next year

BMW M5 & E36
Well doesn't time fly. 2 years ago today I bought the car, and I think it's fair to say that it's been through alot and changed a reasonable amount over that time!

In brief it goes something like this:

DSCN3686.jpg

IMG_2050.jpg

WhiteleyCalendar3.jpg

IMG_3613-1024.jpg

IMG_3743-1024.jpg

IMG_1547.jpg

Happy anniversary :eek:

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Funnily enough I was thinking of you today...

As I drove over the tinyest of bumps in the road and 'CRACK' my windscreen in my valver developed a 9 inch crack from the bottom right hand corner. Not a stone chip in sight either. :(