ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

2 problems, help/advice needed...

Clio Sport 172
FAULT 1...done a 340 mile trip on the weekend in my 02 172, when i arrived i parked the car up for about 3 hours and then moved it across the street and noticed a fresh oil spot, smelt it and it smelt of a weak hydraulic oil, looked under the car and found drivers side rear shock wet, possibly worn shock? How can i tel if it has gone? FAULT 2 I also heard a rumbling/wining noise whilst my speed dropped to 50 and then back up at 70, whilst holding a constant speed i can hear a wine but no vibrations felt etc.....possibly wheel bearing? I just jacked the car up and checked each wheel by spinning it and holding top and bottom of each wheel and found no play in any wheel..all seemed to spin quietly and freely, if i was to pick 1, the rear passenger side was noisiest but nothing major, but no play felt! Any other way to check my wheel bearings, or anything else to check other than wheel bearings?

You've answered your own questions mate.

1. Shock blown as its insides are leaking: All black and wet.
2. Even a slightly rough feeling wheel bearing will rumble with the cars weight on it.

Clio Sport 172
ye was pretty sure shock was gone, just wanted someone elses opinion. As for wheel bearing, i expected for it to have play and be noisy when i checked it, and quite stand out as a worn bearing... I also thought it might of been a gearbox related bearing issue, but whilst driving earlier about 30 i hit it out of gear and noise/rumble stil there, so has to be a wheel bearing...