ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

2005 1.2 Campus Airbag Wiring (Under Seat)

Astra
Hi all.
Have spent hours researching but I am at a loss and hope someone can help.

I have bought a 1.2 Campus (8v I believe), with the previous owner making a right mess of the underwear airbag/tensioner wiring.

Having stripped the looms back to the Airbag ECU I have the following issues:

1. ECU to drivers side = 9 cables, 2 go to side impact sensor, 1 is connected/earth to side beam (very close to impact sensor), the remaining 6 come together as a loom for the underseat wiring.

Now I know that the tensioner, Seat position sensor and audible sensor (3 black cables) go into the smaller end of the grey connector, and that the orange(x2 inside) & black go into black connector, but this would mean needing 9 from the loom not 6.

Same for the passenger side, I only have 4 from the loom (2 go to impact sensor) leaving only 2 for the grey block which takes care if the tensioner's 2 cables (blue/brown), leaving me 3 short again for the black connector.

Why am I 3 cables short on each side coming from the ECU? None have been removed as all the black wrapping is untouched all the way back to ECU!

Any thoughts appreciated

IMG_0973.JPG

IMG_0975.JPG

Astra
Hi all.
Have spent hours researching but I am at a loss and hope someone can help.

I have bought a 1.2 Campus (8v I believe), with the previous owner making a right mess of the underwear airbag/tensioner wiring.

Having stripped the looms back to the Airbag ECU I have the following issues:

1. ECU to drivers side = 9 cables, 2 go to side impact sensor, 1 is connected/earth to side beam (very close to impact sensor), the remaining 6 come together as a loom for the underseat wiring.

Now I know that the tensioner, Seat position sensor and audible sensor (3 black cables) go into the smaller end of the grey connector, and that the orange(x2 inside) & black go into black connector, but this would mean needing 9 from the loom not 6.

Same for the passenger side, I only have 4 from the loom (2 go to impact sensor) leaving only 2 for the grey block which takes care if the tensioner's 2 cables (blue/brown), leaving me 3 short again for the black connector.

Why am I 3 cables short on each side coming from the ECU? None have been removed as all the black wrapping is untouched all the way back to ECU!

Any thoughts appreciated

View attachment 189953
View attachment 189952

Anyone?

Astra
Just an update I found last night that the three wires missing on each side are for the black connector which takes care of the side airbag's three wires, Brown and blue in an orange sheath and a black on its own.

So in a nutshell I have side airbags are no wires coming from the car to !!!

Clio 172 Merc ML55
If i've read your posts correctly your seats have side airbags, however your wiring loom doesn't have the wiring for them back to the ecu? is this correct?

Clio 172 Merc ML55
No problems, let's see if I can help :)

I'm going to start off with some assumptions here so please correct me if I'm wrong.

The airbag warning light was either on or came on and off intermittently?

On investigation you've found the issues with seat wiring being a mess and previous attempts of bodging back together?

I don't think you've mentioned this previously, are these seats the original ones for the car? This could play a fairly significant role with your wiring issues

Ads

Astra
No problems, let's see if I can help :smile:

I'm going to start off with some assumptions here so please correct me if I'm wrong.

The airbag warning light was either on or came on and off intermittently?

On!

On investigation you've found the issues with seat wiring being a mess and previous attempts of bodging back together?

Yes!

I don't think you've mentioned this previously, are these seats the original ones for the car? This could play a fairly significant role with your wiring issues

Original!

Ads

Update - As I had 'chopped' grey and black connectors from a 2003, on the drivers side I had 3 wires which I was hoping would go to the car loom, alas I had only 6 which I colour matched and connected to the 6 (of 9) from the 'chopped' section. I decided to try and colour match the spare 3 from the 'chopped' to the 6 from the car and the light went out!!!!!!

Strange as the other side of the black connector (blue, brown & black) are not connected to the side Airbag as it just so happens there was 2 spare seat belt tensioners in the boot so effectively I have the set up what would be on the seats, but without the seats being in the car if that makes sense!!!