ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

2012 meet ideas

Discounted 1*2 parts
We have had a few decent meets this year, but I feel we can be bigger and better next year. So what ideas have we got in mind?

I think the usual karting meets etc never work because people cannot afford/commit to these events. Normal meets seem to be the way forward. Anyone got any ideas that are free/cheap that people can commit to? Summer bbq's are always a good shout, and the Radical factory visit that Dan organised was also great. I'm hoping we may be able to organise a Wests workshop open day next year (but need to convince the bosses yet!).

Peterborough meets usually get a good turnout (10+ people on a regular basis) and I've noticed the Norwich / Ipswich meets generally get good turn outs too. Where is there that is central to have a bigger EA meet and would people be prepared to travel? Bury St Edmunds Wednesday night meets also seem to be quite popular.....

Lets have your input guys to make 2012 meets as good/better than before.

Cheers

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
Have you guys not got a local Krispy Kreme's??? That always works for us :) saying that we have circa 10 people there for mini meets outside of the CS meets.

trophy #50
I do alot of evening meets.
For my other club we had a great success with the highwayman in st Neots
Pub- cheap food
Then industrial estate opposite for pics.
If you were interested (no digs please) I can arrange one next year, when weathers warmer and get my locals to come too.. Mainly fords but more the merrier.
Bury is ok from time to time, depending on who's out that evening, alot of locals about.

Cambs bowling is ok but ful of gypos chavs and skanks on a Saturday

Also do a meet at halfway house on the a127, but I believe you don't have Essex in your eoe area whereas Zsoc does so I might be a litle far fetched suggesting that

Bretton bowl in Peterborough

Hartford marina in Huntingdon

All cheap and warm, fair size car parks and slightly less awkward than standing in a car park.

I'm not sure what else to suggest, I hope iv given a few ideas out anyway
Nice to meet u properly btw tom. I was too scared to get out my car last time.

If I can think of anything more, il add as I remember

Silos in norwhich were always popular

Wickstead park are willin to let us (zsoc) hav their grassed area of parking for £2 a car for te whole day. Had about 80 turn up a few years ago.

I get the impression people on Here aren't as keen to get to meets as what I'm used to.
I'm gonna have to pep you all up and get you all out more!!!
Excuse bad grammer.. Tired n lazy

Fabia VRS
Krispy Kremes are intense im not going to lie, just wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy overpriced !

Also, im easy for meets, you boys know that :) Hunstanton was a good meet, (bar the wind)
Urrr, more deralict, warehouse, etc meets are need imo

Discounted 1*2 parts
Highwayman in st Neots (Pub- cheap food, then industrial estate opposite for pics.) - Like

Cambs bowling is ok but ful of gypos chavs and skanks on a Saturday - Again money could be an issue for some? Do they have any cheap nights?

Also do a meet at halfway house on the a127, but I believe you don't have Essex in your eoe area whereas Zsoc does so I might be a litle far fetched suggesting that - Prob a bit far for most

Bretton bowl in Peterborough - Again do they do cheap evenings i.e. unlimited bowling etc

Hartford marina in Huntingdon - Good call but avoid Tuesdays in the summer as motorbikes meet there. Car park can get busy at weekends
Editted ;)

trophy #50
I personally hate bowling so usure of cheap nights.

Highwayman is deffo something to think about tbh.

More meets on Saturdays!!!!

Last edited:
  trophy #50
Il see what I can do

I get moody if people let me down though *typical female*

It might not be till the weathers warmer

Fabia VRS
Saturday nights are party nights :(
And im good for st.neots, its like 5 mins away :approve:

Fabia VRS
Oh no i dont go in st.neots, its more bedford (woo, its not that great but its what you make of it) & MK
Im in sandy which is like 20 mins from st.neots :)

trophy #50
Ah I have a few few friends in sandy.
One has a rather modified mk5 zs, White cossies. Danny Stuart?

Was gonna say, I just thought st Neots main attraction was kfc blud x

Fabia VRS
Ah I have a few few friends in sandy.
One has a rather modified mk5 zs, White cossies. Danny Stuart?

Was gonna say, I just thought st Neots main attraction was kfc blud x

HAHAHAHA!

I dont know him, tbf every mandem and chav in sandy has a fiesta so it does get confusing who is who.

EDIT: just Fb'd him and i dont have a clue who he is

trophy #50
Pfffttt
You Don't facebook me! :(

51669ea6-d407-81ee.jpg

You'd know it If you saw it, can't really miss a zs like that. (bit too much for me tbh)

So it's agreed? Il sort a st Neots meet in the new year? Will most likely be a Wednesday as Its the only evening I'm really free

Slow red one
One suggestion: please do some meets nearer Norwich from time to time since every meet i've attended is usually 1 hour or more away. As said, Huntington was a good meet.

Fabia VRS
Pfffttt
You Don't facebook me!

You'd know it If you saw it, can't really miss a zs like that. (bit too much for me tbh)

So it's agreed? Il sort a st Neots meet in the new year? Will most likely be a Wednesday as Its the only evening I'm really free

Yeah... bit ott for me too, each to their own at the end of the day
And i would fb you but i dont have you full name you doughnut :)

One suggestion: please do some meets nearer Norwich from time to time since every meet i've attended is usually 1 hour or more away. As said, Huntington was a good meet.

It was, alot of organising etc tho, And the place we stopped at after in that forest / carpark thing was pretty deeeeeeeeeecent!

trophy #50
Sorry. I seem to do that.

So st neotssss it is?

Norwich is fine too but someone who lives there needs to organise that one

Discounted 1*2 parts
I'm happy with more meets Norwich direction as long as it's q decent turn out

What about theford that's a central location. Have seen a few Honda meets in thetford when I've been riding there

Focus
Agree more meets nearer Norwich, although to be fair only 1-2 clios in Norwich with the majority of people no where near, so makes little sense to just benefit a few people!

Trafic 140dci
+1 was gonna say the same thing, not got a problem travelling, but i think cambridge would be pushing it abit, an hour and a half.

i think a good meet idea for the srping/summer/when weather improves, would be a bit of a B road drive ;) what these cars are designed for :p, i know there's plenty of them around here just wouldn't know a good route for a good drive

Agree more meets nearer Norwich, although to be fair only 1-2 clios in Norwich with the majority of people no where near, so makes little sense to just benefit a few people!
there's quite a few member's on here from norwich but no-one seems to come :/

i think correy (lowestoft) wants to come to next meet