ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

27" iMac...

.Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi
Excellent! I guess you can tell the difference?

The extra 4Gb in my MBP has made it so much faster for Photoshop etc.

SchwepTek™
Yeh it's running really well.

I have seen it use 5GB RAM so far when I have a few things open. Which surprised me but shows the extra was necessary.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
For sure. I use 6GB+ all day so I did the same as you, rather than spec it as a build.

Thanks for the wallpaper links mate!

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
If its over £50 i'll be surprised, im not eating my hat again.

It will blatanly be download only

2.2 bar shed.
I'm broke as f**k and need some money so my 27" is going to have to go. Instead of starting another whats it worth thread I might as well post here. Ideas on the value of the last gen iMac? 27'' quad core i7, 4gb ram and a 1tb HD with 2 years AppleCare left? PM if interested also ;)

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
£900 according to Mac2Sell.

With the new one available for as little as £1200 with 3 years apple care if you know a student, plus from Monday a free i-Touch (hopefully) then that seems about right imo.

Last edited:

Dafthead

ClioSport Club Member
  MB EQC
Oh, hello nice Mr UPS driver....

photo-2.gif

Dafthead

ClioSport Club Member
  MB EQC
i5, 8Gb, 1Tb (yeah I know it's no i7 but i couldn't justify it, even though i wanted it hehe)

Just waiting for the new MBA 13 to come out and that will be my new work machine.

Already got an MBP 13 and an iphone4, addictive much?

You're using it for media aren't you?

Surprised you didn't go for a trackpad in that case. Stick Plex on it. It's a bit of hassle if all your files aren't named well but once you get that sorted it's fine.

Dafthead

ClioSport Club Member
  MB EQC
Aye for movies etc.

Got the trackpad in with the imac, decided to try both and see which i prefer

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Awesome setup mate.

As much as I bleat on about very few people going i7, they're still a mint machine.

The only reason I went i7 for mine was because it's my main workstation and I wanted it to have as much lifespan as possible.

Dafthead

ClioSport Club Member
  MB EQC
Aye for general browsing, which is all I do, it just wasn't an option hehe, could have done with the 21" to be hone.....nah now i'm just being silly :p

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
The thing with the 27" models is, when you look at the displays resolution and size, the actual computer is only costing you about £500. It's a bloody bargain!

Aaagh. Part of me really, really wants an iMac - but another hates the thought of sitting down to a computer at home.

I need to replace my decrepit first gen mini (that I'm using solely for iTunes & browsing it from my air; [when it works] now) soon though as It's just laughing at me for keeping it alive so long now.

Maybe Airport Extreme + external USB drive with all iTunes gubbins is the answer... ffs

Dafthead

ClioSport Club Member
  MB EQC
Trackpad PWNS mouse (IMO) given them both a go and they don't even compare, kept having to clack the mouse around on the desk.

Coming from the macbook it was second nature and a pleasure to use TBH, do it.

SchwepTek™
Completely agree! ^^^^

Trackpad sooooo much nicer and more ergonomic to use.

I hate using the mouse now. It never gets turned on!

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Magic Mouse > Trackpad.

This.

I dont get why people dont like the magic mouse, its the best I've ever used.

Trackpads are ok but trying to do something like a click and drag can be frustrating, as can trying to be accurate with it.

No extra ram for the obvious reasons.

27-inch iMac

3.4GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7
4GB 1333MHz DDR3 SDRAM - 2x2GB
1TB Serial ATA Drive
AMD Radeon HD 6970M 2GB GDDR5
Magic Trackpad