ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

3 questions

Hi all,

I’m new to this forum.

I have recently purchased a used ’02 172MkII for my wife. For some reason I find myself behind the wheel most of the time…. Wonder why…:D:D

1. Can anyone give me an update on the "4000rpm problem". What can you do to get rid of the resonance rattle? Is there a fix?? I heard rumours that Renault dealers took care of this problem under warranty/goodwill by replacing parts of the exhaust system… Experiences ??

2. I did search the forum for shift light related postings. Has anyone tried to wire a brighter external light to the excisting light? Ideas…

3. Brake upgrade? Do I (she;)) need an upgrade? I was thinking of slotting the standard front rotors in combination with hi-perf spec pads.

/ Falk, Sweden

1.basically you need a new centre section

2.err...duno

3.Well only if you go on track, it was recently posted here the stopping distance of the 172 rivals a 911 turbo! You could upgrade the pads though if you want a bit more bite..i think greenstuff pads are recommended but no idea if you have them in sweden.

-Rob