ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

360 Degree camera's

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
i need some 360 camera help.

i currently produce these and use them at work

id like to be able to have a camera on the ground to produce ground level 360's, what do i need and how do they work? DJI drones do all the work and just produce a single jpg file, which is exactly what i want.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Personally I have a GoPro Fusion 360 which is long in the tooth but works pretty well. It essentially produces two videos/pictures, one from the front lens and one from the back lens, and then when you connect the camera/insert the SD card and load it up in the software, it stitches it together automatically and you can set the roll/pitch/yaw which defines where it will look as a default. Realistically you never really deal with the footage in its unstitched state, as whichever camera you use it will have a companion software which you use to ingest the footage/image onto the computer and that will do the stitching and produce your jpg

I'd imagine newer 360 cameras deal with the 'bit at the edge of the lens' better.

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
Personally I have a GoPro Fusion 360 which is long in the tooth but works pretty well. It essentially produces two videos/pictures, one from the front lens and one from the back lens, and then when you connect the camera/insert the SD card and load it up in the software, it stitches it together automatically and you can set the roll/pitch/yaw which defines where it will look as a default. Realistically you never really deal with the footage in its unstitched state, as whichever camera you use it will have a companion software which you use to ingest the footage/image onto the computer and that will do the stitching and produce your jpg

I'd imagine newer 360 cameras deal with the 'bit at the edge of the lens' better.

Thanks, only interested in stills. But 360 so I can upload them online.

Not going to lie they are way more expensive than I expected