ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

36k service question

172 A Cupwork Orange™
Im getting my cam belt + aux belt changed next month,

question is i need to get my 36k service in a couple of months 2k off it 36k service states u need to get aux done,

now i know i dont need this doing again but what do i need to get done,

is it just a normal service?

Cheers

Lots of Alfas
Not sure what you mean Vern? What year is your car?? The 36k service is a major service, so everything is checked, oil, oil filter, air filter, cabin filter is changed. Fluids are topped up. If you car is 4-5 years old consider what is done at the 72k level which is more-less the same except the coolant and brake fluids should be changed, check the condition of the spark plugs. The cambelt and tensioners is changed at 72k or 5 years, the aux belt and tensioner should be changed at 36k and 72k.

Hope that makes sense.

172 A Cupwork Orange™
Sorry its a 2003 172 cup, with 34k miles on it

i am getting the cam belt changed next month and also aux belt, then im getting the 36k service the month after

in the 36k service it mentions you have to change the aux belt, but seen as this is getting done with the cam belt, i guess this wont need to be done again with the 36k service so i was wondering what i needed to get done. apart from the aux belt

ALBI 197 Sonic MKII
why not just get your 36k done early and tell them you want the cam done aswell? Seems pretty simple to me.

Lionel Richie
get the cam and aux belt done, then do the remainder of the 36K service yourself?

oil and filters, not hard

Sorry its a 2003 172 cup, with 34k miles on it

i am getting the cam belt changed next month and also aux belt, then im getting the 36k service the month after

in the 36k service it mentions you have to change the aux belt, but seen as this is getting done with the cam belt, i guess this wont need to be done again with the 36k service so i was wondering what i needed to get done. apart from the aux belt
Hey mate that's very good milage that!! I thought mine was good

172 A Cupwork Orange™
why not just get your 36k done early and tell them you want the cam done aswell? Seems pretty simple to me.

simple answer... give me the cash and i will :rasp:

im getting cam + aux done this month,
mot next month + 36k service

if i could afford all three at once i would but im splitting them into two months as i have rent,other bills to pay would love to get them all done at once if i was richer lol