ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

3M polish alternative

cjgower

ClioSport Club Member
I'm going to give my lights another go and was wondering if I could use any old polish to buff them up? I have some autoglym super resin polish, would that do?

LY Megane R26
Best off to ask in the detailing section mate, but I'm not sure SRP will do it as its more of a filling polish than a cutting polish.

Williams 2
SRP is very very light cut so it will more clean and shine the headlight rather than actually 'refining' the plastic

Would be better off using something more aggressive, preferably a cutting compound, but if you haven't got any use t-cut or SRP, it will at least improve it a little for the time being, but again depends how bad they are, they may even come up really well if they are more dirty than anything else.

cjgower

ClioSport Club Member
SRP is very very light cut so it will more clean and shine the headlight rather than actually 'refining' the plastic

Would be better off using something more aggressive, preferably a cutting compound, but if you haven't got any use t-cut or SRP, it will at least improve it a little for the time being, but again depends how bad they are, they may even come up really well if they are more dirty than anything else.

Cheers mate, I'll try some t cut as I know I have some