ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

4 K Rattle

Clio 182

Ive heard this mentioned a few times on a few threads and im not to sure what it is !!! What causes the 4 K rattle ?? Is it something obvious that ill know my cars got it ? or do I need to take it down a bumpy road and listen carefully!! My cars going into Renault to get a few bits sorted next week so just want to find out what it is so I can get it sorted !!!

Cheers

Paul

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf

My old 172 caught this.Its the famous rattle when you go through 4k on the revs and it gives a rattley vibrating noise.It was the centre section iirc and replaced under warranty.My 182 is rattle free so far

ian

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4

youll know when youve got it, quite loud baffly sounding rattle from centre section of the exhaust system (i.e under the front seats), rev to 4k and it rattles like a beeatttccch.

Clio 182

I think mine must be ok at the moment I dont think Ive got a noise that obvious, I might take it for a spin just to mate sure anyway ;) !! My passanger seat rattles like a b**ch when someone isnt sitting in it but I have read renault should fix this under warranty as its a known fault. Well they better do !!!

Thanks for your replies.

Paul