ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

4 pot brake upgrade?

Richard102

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 cup
Hi all, does anyone know what 4 pot brake upgrade will fit under 15" wheels?
I know hi spec do a set but whether these a cheaper option like brembo's?

Rich

Richard102

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 cup
Yer I was thinking about willwoods and hi sec but just abit out of my price range :(.

Clio Trophy 299
I've had Godspeed ones (needed huge spacers) Jamsport (Willwood ones) not tried the Hi - Spec ones TBH I am testing a prototype kit using the 197/200 Brembo Calipers and the standard 280mm discs at the moment.

Pug 406 brembos is the cheapest way to fit 4 pots imo.

But they are bloody noisey ( squeel like a shot pig) can only be fitted under 16" alloys.

But stop very very well

Richard102

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 cup
I would prefer to keep 15" as the car feels so much more responsive then having 16". Only reason for upgrading to 4 pots is that im going be running alot more power next year so need to think about stopping lol!!

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
I would prefer to keep 15" as the car feels so much more responsive then having 16". Only reason for upgrading to 4 pots is that im going be running alot more power next year so need to think about stopping lol!!

Most if not all the 4 pot kits for the 1*2's fit under 15" wheels. I run Compbrake 4 pots on my 172.

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
You've had them for some time now too IIRC. You still happy with them as im sure you've used them well over the years ;)

Yes Mark. I have had them fitted since 2008! They have been great, the only downside is the price of the discs at £100 each, as they run separate bells- rotors you can't run standard discs :(

It seems to me that with every option it's the brackets that are the dubiously expensive part? I'm guessing this is due to time invested with CAD and testing etc and the cost of high quality materials/hardware vs low volume of potential sales.

I actually couldn't find the parts much if any cheaper on a like for like basis than paying someone else for them as a kit.

172 Rally Car
Yes Mark. I have had them fitted since 2008! They have been great, the only downside is the price of the discs at £100 each, as they run separate bells- rotors you can't run standard discs :(

I have the same brakes - upside is the pads are silly cheap!

172 cup, Impreza P1
I have 20mm spacers and there is loads of room. EVOgone

20140606_211800.jpg

20140521_203243.jpg

20140606_213653.jpg