ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

4 RS's Shires Retail Park Leamington Spa

Subaru 330s
First I saw a black 225 parked up reg was AU06
Then i saw Keef
bigsmile.gif
So i decided to park next to him and had a little chat
Then a black 182 parked up next to us, but never said hello
sad.gif
reg was YP54 i think
and I spotted another black 225 going over towards Focus

bigsmile.gif

Subaru 330s
Ah yay i've spotted someone who is actually on one of the forums lol! Your car was VERY shiny! I was rather jealous as I had spent 4 hours cleaning mine yesterday only for it to rain :(
You from Leamington?

a black one
Your car looked really mint, and full cup. You must have seen me getting a good look. And the wheels looked proper nice. Spent four hours cleaning mine on Wednesday, but its all dusty now. Need to do a few things to it yet like the wheels and slightly lower springs and private reg ....all in good time!!
Yes live in leam.

Subaru 330s
Why thank you :D it's a work in progress, last few months it's been transformed, got the new wheels on it and painted all the badges. Got lots of plans for it though....uprate the brakes, new suspension setup, seats, reg plate too etc
I will have to keep my eyes peeled for you :) theres a lot of us about lol

a black one
Yeah it looks like the work is paying off! It seems like ages before I can get mine sorted but I'm sure it'll soon come together once I start.
Yes will keep an eye and say hello next time!

Subaru 330s
Yer it took me months to get to work on mine and I know it will be a while until it is all finished, mostly because it is going to be so expensive lol! But it is definately worth the wait

a black one
Yeah I just need to get a bit of spare cash together then I can make a start. Btw my EEG is KT54, might help you recognise me in the future.
What did you do with your anthricite alloys?

Subaru 330s
Lol sorry must have made up YT54 haha, knew the 54 bit was right, but wasn't sure when I got on here so I just guessed lol...memory like a sieve!
Mine didn't have the originals on, it had some nasty 17" chav alloys on, it was a bit of a chav wagon when I got it lol, only bought it because the miles were right, price was right and it was in mint condition (apart from the chav accessories lol)
Are you wanting the anthracite ones on yours?

a black one
Yeah mine too. Was low miles and in mint condition and got a bit of a deal on it. Had it about 3 months and already 3k+ miles in it. Kind of wish I'd hung on for a cup but once I sort the suspension and stuff out it won't matter.

Subaru 330s
You get the nicer interior in the FF though, mine has the poverty spec oxfam interior lol!
I should really cut down on my miles too, done 14k in 11 months lol, but keep taking loads of trips to Wales and places with the RS lot, love the roads and how well the car handles on them....its addictive!

a black one
Yeah they do handle so well. They just stick to the road. Considering mine feels so good, the cup must be something else.

Subaru 330s
There probably isn't a massive difference, but not driven a FF so I have no idea! But i guess the suspension is different between them so i'm not sure. Ive got new tyres on mine (Toyo T1-Rs) which have helped massively too, can certainly notice the difference there, I can just throw it round corners so fast and it still grips, you can really push it!

a black one
Mmm. I was on a forum earlier trying to establish whether/if my car has any of the cup packs. It has the spoiler, but no splitter. I though it might have the suspension but it has silver alloys so probably not. But I can literally throw it round corners to the point where I sometimes scare myself. I have the PE tyres on mine and they really hold the road.

Subaru 330s
Yer they are an excellent tyre, I just couldn't spend anymore money on my car at the time, £635 for the alloys and didn't fancy spending nearly £100 per tyre lol!
I think the spolier and suspension cup pack come together and the wheels are a seperate pack? Could be wrong though, if you are a member over on renaultsport then they will definatley know on there so could be worth asking, I use RS more than this forum and they are a very helpful bunch over there, plus there are lots of other member on there from around Leam, we often have a few meets around the area if you are ever interested in coming to any.

a black one
Arh. You could be right about the Cup packs actually because my suspension does feel stiff. Also my car seems very untampered with, only having one lady owner from new and just 24k miles. Could be wrong but I doubt she would have gone to the hassle of switching the spoiler.
Guys on the forum earlier were saying the the anthricite wheels come with the suspension, and the spoiler comes with the splitter. But I think you might be right.
Yeah thanks for the offer, will keep my eye out.
Oh, do you mean there is a forum on the official RS site?

a black one
Can't be as addictive as actually driving the car. Thought I would get bored of it after a bit, but I still find myself itching to go for drives!!

Subaru 330s
Haha you will never lose that, i'm still like that 9 months later! I love it and it is such a head turner, plus the sound of mine is just gorgeeeouuuus lol

Subaru 330s
It's supposed to by a few BHP, would need to get it on a rolling road though to see what it is actually doing, its also remapped to which helps.
I need to the the air filter set up properly though by moving the battery and ecu so I can connect it straight to the throttle body....but then there is lots of stuff that still needs doing engine wise, need to port match my inlet manifold and sort the cams out, then another rempa after all that lol

a black one
Did you get all work done after you got the car, or was it already done when you bought it? Is it expensive to do?

Subaru 330s
What I have had done myself is:
ITG Maxogen £200 (second hand off a mate on RS, they are aboout £350 new) easy to fit so no cost there, reported gains from ITG are 7bhp increase
Wheels £635 from performance alloys and Tyres £235 from Camskill, fitted at a local garage for £10 each
De-chaved various bits on the car (rear lights, replaced with standard ones and front grilles replaced with standard ones at very small costs as I bought them in the for sale section on here)
Exhaust was already fitted when I bought the car, had a few little problems with it as it is not the best quality but I like the sound of it, other good systems to go for are yozza, janspeed, orbisound or ktec, worth taking a look into those if you are thinking of changing that, will cost you around £500
Remap you can get done by Paul at RS Tuning will cost you around £200, very worthwhile doing (but only after mods such as an air filter or exhaust, not before you put them on, will see an increase of up to 15bhp from that)
Next on my list is to upgrade the front brake pads to brembo max discs and ferodo ds2500 pads, a combination that you will find on most 182's as its a very good upgrade and will cost about £200
You can probably find yourself a splitter in the sale section on here for a cheap price, but they do get snapped up quickly, another one is a carbon fibre front splitter but thats costs £100 and is actually heavier than a standard splitter lol
Suspension is going to be a killer as unfortunatley the previous owner put shitty apex springs on it, so I am going to go for some coilovers which will be about £900, not a cheap mod lol but very worth it!

Nimbus 197
Your car looked sweet Flaydog (as did yours Lora, nice to see you, long time no see!). Do you park up along Clarendon Square way by any chance mate?

a black one
Hi Keef. No mate that's not me. Was loving the 197 also mate, you were parked in that space for a while yesterday because I had a cheeky look over about 30 minutes earlier. I'll keep my eye out for you - What's the plate number?
Lora, well done on your car so far. You obviously cherish it. I was looking on the RS tuning website earlier and they do a remap with before and after readings for £300 which apparently increases the BHP to 195!? So that is another add on to the wish list. Just trying workout where all my money is going to come from to pay for everything!

Subaru 330s
Haha yer it's a long process really, and i just keep doing silly amounts of overtime at work so I can have the extra cash to spend on my car.

p.s. It was me beeping my horn as I went past you in Sainsburys tonight :)

a black one
Yeah, I kind of guessed that it had to be you when heard and saw the motor roaring away!
You're lucky to be getting overtime in this current economic climate. Your place got anymore jobs?!

Subaru 330s
It's only because everyone else who works there is lazy lol. I'm only there till I go back to uni but it's not a bad job I suppose, boring as anything though lol. Well unless your a lifeguard? lol

a black one
Nah. Afraid not! Nevermind will just have to find the cash another way!
So far on my wish list:
Wheels - fully returbed in black or anthricite (not made my mind which yet)
Coilovers, or may settle for lower springs for now
New exhaust system
Induction kit
Splitter
And remap
Oh and brakes
That's a fair few quid. I best get saving!!

Subaru 330s
Thats a good wish list, I wish mine was that short lol! I reckon black would look awesome...very stealth, with black diamonds too.
It will be worth the wait in the end though when you get it finished

a black one
Yes it is a short wish list. But thats just for the starters. And I hate waiting...I always want everything right now!!! But yes I was thinking of black diamonds too. I think the car would start to look pretty awesome by then.
I was looking on the 'Black Gold' (http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=381762) thread earlier and there is some proper nice examples which gave me some great ideas. Think that link should lead to it, if you fancy taking a look. If you're interested of course!

a black one
Yes it is a short wish list. But thats just for the starters. And I hate waiting...I always want everything right now!!! But yes I was thinking of black diamonds too. I think the car would start to look pretty awesome by then.
I was looking on the 'Black Gold' (http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=381762) thread earlier and there is some proper nice examples which gave me some great ideas. Think that link should lead to it, if you fancy taking a look. If you're interested of course!

Subaru 330s
Nice examples there, not seen and black ones with white wheels before, looks pretty good though! I do really really like the all black looking ones, they look proper mean! Liking the ones with funky coloured diamonds too, thats a nice touch!
Your probably spoilt for ideas now lol

a black one
Yeah I know exactly. There is one on the first page that is fully stealthed out, pic is taken at night with its lights on, looks real nice. And yeah I like the white wheels and white diamonds, nice touch.
Having said that you got to be happy with you RB. Such a nice colour, definitely a head turner. you've added some nice little touches to yours too, looks stunning with the white OZ's.

Subaru 330s
Oh yer, i love it to bits :D Wanted it for 2 years before I bought it, had to wait till I was 21 for the insurance to come down and I am still loving it.
I think the white touches on it it go really well with the colour and it looks so gorgoues when it is shiny and clean, definatley stands out! People over on RS weren't sure the OZ's would suit it as most people go for tunrinis, but the feedback when I put picks up of it was all positive so im really happy :D

Its gone from this:
1.gif

2.gif

(by the way the pigeon was a set-up, i didn't kill it lol)

To this:
13.gif

Photo0300.gif

42.gif

a black one
It looks wicked! Definitely did the right thing switching the grill and lights back. Not sure what the thought process behind putting that chavvy thing on!
Have you painted the Renault sport and clio badges on the back white as well, or is that just the light?
I was also thinking about colour matching the grill on mine to the same as the bodywork, but unsure. What do you think?
BTW, how did you do the badges on the side?
Where is the splitter, thought the cup has it as standard?