ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

4 RS's Shires Retail Park Leamington Spa

Subaru 330s
Haha I know, they spoilt it I reckon, but like I said it was in mint condition so I couldnt resist it! Plus I made quite a nice profit on selling the bits off it.
Unfortunatley with alot of the clio's the splitter gets ripped off and I think thats what has happened to mine as I can still see bits of it underneath, need to get a new one, jusy dont want it coming off going over speedbumps lol! But it is definatley missing one, will look much better with one on.
Yep I have painted all of the badges white, diamonds, side bullets and the ones on the boot.
The ones on the side are fairly easy to do...with patience lol! Bought the white primer, white gloss and lacquer from halfords and got a touch up stick in RB for the letters, once it was all primered and painted I just poured a very thin layer of the touch up paint into a flat tray, masked up the rest of the badge and then dipped it in, doing it a few times to get even coverage.

Subaru 330s
Well you would think that, but infact they are sh!t lol! Again not done by me. Although they are drilled and grooved discs they really are useless and so are the pads. Both black diamond predator from what I can work out, so will be getting the brembo and ferodo as soon as I can, but I think im going to wait till the pads wear out on these first. They are so bad that I try my best to avoid going out in the wet as they just don't work well enough, had a very hairy moment involving a ditch a few months ago because of them, luckily no damage was caused though

a black one
TBF the standard brakes are pretty good. They'll probably be one of the last things I will change, unless they where out and need replacing anyway. First thing will probably have to be the suspension. Was thinking about Eibach Sportlines, reviews seem quite good and they are not too pricey. Plus I believe they can just be fitted straight on to the car without the need to change the original shocks. Are your Apex springs a bit teeth shattering?

Subaru 330s
They are just awful in every way shape and form! The bumpiness has improved a lot since getting rid of the 17s and going back to 16s with tyres on that arent so low profile as well but it's still annoying, everytime I go over a bump or pothole in the road it knocks the stereo off! Need something thats a bit more absorbent lol. The dampers are usually a common problem on the clio's, mine seem fine though, but still think my best option is to go for the coils. Might look into the springs though, anything has got to be an improvement on what I already have lol

a black one
Eibach sportlines I think are about £125, and can't cost massive amounts to fit. So for me its a quick fix to improve the handling that bit more. However, like I said the suspension on mine is quite stiff and I have never suffered any handling problems as of yet and the PE2's stick to the road on the sharpest of corners.

Subaru 330s
Awesome, will be interesting to know if there are any noticable improvements with the sportlines on. You should go have a drive around some of the roads in mind wales, they are a real test of a car and its driver!

a black one
Yeah, Think it has to be either the Eibach Sportlines or the Eibach Prolines, but need to do a bit more research first. TBH, I think the car has more balls than I do, I usually back off when the car has still got so much to give!!!! It still excites me after 3 months!!

Subaru 330s
Yer I know what you mean, I am like that and used to think I really pushed my car....until I started going around Wales with a couple of other people becuae then you REALLY push it to the limits, its like an adrenaline rush though, pushing it that bit more on each corner to see how far it can go, until the back end starts twitching out.
Going up North at the end of May to drive from Leeds to Whitby, which is supposed to be a really good run, plus fish and chips at the end :D lol

Nimbus 197
Hi Keef. No mate that's not me. Was loving the 197 also mate, you were parked in that space for a while yesterday because I had a cheeky look over about 30 minutes earlier. I'll keep my eye out for you - What's the plate number?

BG56 mate. I'll look out for you too!

a black one
Cheers mate.

Lora, I see your thread on the RS forum about the oil. Have discovered what the problem is yet?

a black one
Yeah I guess. Thing is they're thirsty enough for fuel, don't need to be feeding the beast oil as well! I checked mine and it hasn't budged in the 3 months/3k miles ive done in mine. Might it be something to do with the exhaust system?

Subaru 330s
I don't think it's any major problem so I will just leave it be for now, and keep an eye on the levels. It will probably only end up costing me more money to have someone try and figure out why its drinking it anyway lol