ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

40mm lowering springs for 1.2

Mondeo TXS Bardge.
hi guys ive been looking for lowering springs for my 1.2, i've been told the apex ones are pretty good, but ive tried looking but i cant find apex ones for the 1.2, if it was a 1.4 it'd be easy but alot of the springs and kits state these will not fit a 1.2,
any ideas where i can get them or can you recommend a decent alternative, i'm looking to spend nomore than a £100 inc delivery if possible.

cheers

I was looking for some the other day, were £60 before delivery, cant mind the site though. Hang on while I trawl through my history.

Racing Blue FF182
used to have the 40mm apex ones on me 1.2 years ago, they were ok and looked just rite but i wouldnt go for em again after having eibachs

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
if you want low dont get 40mm they hardly look any lower from some angles! i had the apex -60mm ones on my 1.2 16v with the apex dampers and even that didnt sit that low! so i went to coilovers.

but tbh, for handling go for eibach for lowness apex -60mm

Racing Blue FF182
lower than 40mm tough youll need shortened shocks and that cost more, plus on a daya to day road car over 40mm will be terrible ride quality

Racing Blue FF182
my old 1.2 40mm on apex, need to go lower?
oldclio.jpg

Mondeo TXS Bardge.
yea i cant go lover than 40 becauseof a my insurance wont let me ( upto 50mm drom £45- lower £120!!) also the roads round me are crap with massive pot holes and the council have a fetish for speed bumps, but my car sits as low if not slightly lower than the one above as standard.

eibach get a good write up but but i cant really stretch to £200 inc insurance,

are koni or g-max any good?