ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

53 plate clio humming when doing 20+ mph

53Plt Clio 1.6L 16V
Hi there all i have as the title says i have a 53 plate renault clio 1.6L 16v petrol only had it couple months, done 81ish thousand miles and today i have replaced the drivers side wheel bearing and its reduced the humming noise down so its not soo loud but the noise is still there, could it be the passenger side one gona as well ? how ever here is my problem it gets worse when i go round a left handed corner i need some help asap as i need it for work

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
Jack the car up. Hold the spring and spin the wheel. You'll be able to feel if the bearing is rough in your hand on the spring. Compare it to the wheel with the new bearing

Megane r26
Or drive down the road, knock it out of gear and gently swerve side to side. Which ever side it gets louder that's the side it is if that makesense