ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

57reg mini one - loud ticking noise

d6n

Ph2 172
The gf mini one (1.4 petrol) has developed a loud ticking noise which you can hear when you are driving.

A couple of weeks ago we had topped up the oil as it was low and garage asked if we had an oil leak, which we haven't.

Anyway, drove 600 miles in last week, checked the oil about 400 miles and it was fine.

Anyone shed any light?

'Mia' Rover Mini 35
I'm yet too work on a BMW Mini only a classic mini but by the sounds of it it reminds me of a problem Vauxhall Corsa C's used to have which was the timing chain smacking against the block of the engine.

Akay

ClioSport Club Member
  Clubman Cooper S
Timing chain tensioner? Mate had this problem on his cooper s. Common problem apparantly and will munch the engine according to the horror stories.

d6n

Ph2 172
after a bit of research on the net and some help from the boys over on RTOC it seems pretty conclusive that the tensioner needs replacing.

here is a video i did of the noise last night -

youtu.be/YCTZu4ox5BE