ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

5mm spacers - standard bolts

Phase 2 172 Cup
Is this ok to run 5mm spacers with standard length bolts??

I know you defo need longer bolts for 10mm, but is 5mm ok??

Clio 172 Sport Ph2
Count the number of full turns you get on the bolt - ideally you need at least 7 to be totally safe.

clio 172
where would you get the spacers from as i want to bring the wheels oit a touch ?

actually where would you get the longer bolts from aswell ?

Ph1
Motorsport world stock the spacers. Go for Eibachs, roughly 50 quid ish.

Would like to know where to buy longer bolts from too. Im currently running stock bolts with spacers and aint too keen on the potential safety side

182 cup
give K-Tec a call, they sell 5mm spacers, I'm sure they'll be able to supply the bolts needed, they don't show the spacers on their site but they do sell them.

cheeper than any other supplier I've tried.

Good quality too!!

Last edited:
  clio 172
thats good, you can always rely on k-tec.

Anyone got any pics of standard alloys with spacers on ?

i dont know whether to go 5 or 10mm and want to see what it looks like?

Ph1
thats good, you can always rely on k-tec.

Anyone got any pics of standard alloys with spacers on ?

i dont know whether to go 5 or 10mm and want to see what it looks like?

Not sure what 172 your running but for a ph1, 5mm per side, 10mm total track width is the best imo - brings it to standard Cup offsets too

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
I have standard bolts on 5mm on the back. Seems fine.. wouldnt chance it with extra strain on the front though..