ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

A few turbo conversion questions

172cup turbo & rx8
What do people use with regards to a fuel pressure regulator and modified fuel rail, do people generally use ktec for these or is there another option?

also is the standard fuel pump good for 220bhp ish?

Clio T 314hp c43 AMG
Standard pump is fine, as is standard fuel rail if your thinking of running around 220bhp but you will need megane 225 injectors.

172cup turbo & rx8
At what point does the standard fuel rail and pump need upgrading?

I don't intend on going forged (yet) but I'd ideally like to keep the standard rail and pump just to keep costs down slightly, also any recommendations where to get 225 injectors or am I better off going to the stealers?

ITB'd MK1
standard pumps are surprisingly good.

for that kind of power target, the standard single fuel pipe rail and FPR is fine with larger injectors and mapping to suit (stock ECU is not good for boost IMO, as no-one has ever got the MAP sensor changes right) but you will limit the flow potential of the injectors.

172cup turbo & rx8
That's good news then, if I ever go forged then it's something I can look at later down the line, whats the power limitations of the standard rail and fpr? 280/300bhp?

ITB'd MK1
I ran 330 on standard rail/fpr but uprated injectors

you had ph1's with 2 fuel lines though IIRC. Different situation as you have an FPR in the rail with a pressure line to it which compensates and increases fuel pressure by the same level as boost. This give you slightly better power potential from any size injector (in simple terms).

Tutuur. Rising rate regulators are a bit of a funny term, and strickly speaking it's highly incorrect

R5 gtt, R27 F1 team
Can you clarify that?
I thought the rising of the fuel press linear with the overpress would compensate the difference..
But if i think a bit further even a NA system works on overpress (atmespheric pressure of 1014mbar)

Edit: or is it that a rising rate has properties of other ratio's? 2:1 as i read on the internet..