ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

A Mini Adventure, to JCW GP...

DC2 TypeR / E36 328i
Re: A Mini Adventure ...

Never seen a velvet blue E92 :eek:

Goes to google. Wasn't that the colour of your E46 M3? Loved that colour.

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader

Never seen a velvet blue E92 :eek:

Goes to google. Wasn't that the colour of your E46 M3? Loved that colour.

This is the only one ive ever seen as well!! On the herospec 18's also.

But yeah, my e46 was Velvet Blue, now residing in Hong Kong as it happens ...

photo2_zps8ae00d39.jpg

photo3_zps9f77f9e2.jpg

photo4_zpscfb38c96.jpg

DC2 TypeR / E36 328i

You what!!

I thought it was cool when I saw my old Corsa 1.2 in Tesco the other night.

Did you just keep in touch with the guy who bought it?

I need em fwee.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member

Lols at buying and E36 aswell, playing full out baller.

Oh and have you sold that Mini yet!

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member

I wonder if we shipped it..whats the chaps name?

DC2 TypeR / E36 328i

Omg, Dakar Yellow M3. So much want!

Dave they never did an E46 in Dakar did they? Or is it that with BMW you can have pretty much any colour you want (it would seem that way at least!)

Keep seeing a Dakar E46 on my way to work.

330i. E30 Touring.

Dakar and Phoenix can suck my balls.

Horrible pikey colours.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member

Yeah not a fan of Dakar at all! Washed out crap!

Guy local has an E92 M3 in Dakar Black wheel chav spec, special edition thing. Just cheapens the whole thing!

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf

And so the house sits on the back burner for another while...lol

Jamie86

ClioSport Club Member
  RS175,595,205gti,172

Let me know when you do sell this Dave ;)

DC2 TypeR / E36 328i

Dave you know ages ago when you showed me a Estoril M3 you helped some guy buy, it had Alcantara half leathers, had he just fitted them from a CS? I really want those seats when I get an M.

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader

Dave you know ages ago when you showed me a Estoril M3 you helped some guy buy, it had Alcantara half leathers, had he just fitted them from a CS? I really want those seats when I get an M.

Nah, half leather was a no-cost option on all e46 M3's from memory. Most people wanted the full however so they are pretty rare!!

DC2 TypeR / E36 328i

Nah, half leather was a no-cost option on all e46 M3's from memory. Most people wanted the full however so they are pretty rare!!

Full leather is minging IMO

Love the Alcantara we had on the 320d.

Might go billy big b****cks and get a CS.

Will give you a shout nearer the time for some help finding one if thats okay (dunno why Im asking we all know you love that s**t ;) )

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader

Little update.

Sold the coilovers as its scrapes all the way to work as it is, & well, I couldn't be bothered to fit them. Also JDM yo wheels have gone as I wasn't so sure on them, simply not OEM enough for me these days. Finally bought some new gloss black mirror caps on eGay (to get rid of the current homo ones), but the seller seems to have sold them to someone else as well. I should have guessed by his awesome spelling & grammar, but c'est la vie. Paypal claim time.

As such, the car is now simply going to take a standard looks, naughty power route, so the Dave F is on, & this just turned up:

1_zps2a40eb46.jpg

2_zps104e9bcb.jpg

GRS Motorsport Version Intercooler, not essential for the 15% pulley that ill be fitting shortly, but will be required further down the line ...

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member

Nice work. I keep looking at minis..A tuned S/c one really appeals to me at the moment..:eek:

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader

So with the R32 now sold, im free to tinker slightly with the Mini. Wahoo.

Last weekends bank holiday trip to Cornwall meant I could fit the GRS, bit of a fiddle, but only 30 mins or so. Noticeable benefits I think, not so much in power (as there generally isn't any) but throttle pickup seems better on the move. Diverter thingy is good as the air going in the scoop literally has nowhere to go onto than onto the intercooler, which as an aside, is bloody huge compared to the old one lol. I guess the I/c is more preventative as it keeps things nice & cool when you add a different pulley ...

Standard, baby cooler:
1_zpsf9cd5795.jpg

Big boy:
2_zps3bcd3499.jpg

3_zpsf8f4ec2b.jpg

Next stop is to sort the brakes, they are woeful, so new braided lines, discs and pads (make tbc) will be purchased shortly to go with my R56S calipers. I also want another Continental Runflat to match the other three, my OCD doesn't like the 1 Pirelli I have atm. Yes, I know RF's are hard, but the mini's boot is tiny and I don't want to have to carry a spare wheel around on the backseat all the time ...

After that, a 15% pulley is definitely happening, im just not sure whether to spend the extra £750 or so and get a cam, 550's and map at the same time. The place I want to do it (1320) is a 160 mile round trip and im not sure if I can be bothered driving there twice :eek:

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra

17% are for hero's.

15% are for finance faggots.

Suzuki Swift Sport

Noticed that you have a standard air box, I had an Alta V2 intake, seemed to make a difference and sounded really good!

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things

Stop being a pussy dave and get the 19% :D

Personally I'd go for the newman 1320 cam, 550 injectors, manifold, cat back and a map...with the new pulley ofcourse, the guy who bought my old MCS fitted a 15% pulley and it was a noticeable improvement throughout the range.

Stop being a pussy dave and get the 19% :D

Personally I'd go for the newman 1320 cam, 550 injectors, manifold, cat back and a map...with the new pulley ofcourse, the guy who bought my old MCS fitted a 15% pulley and it was a noticeable improvement throughout the range.

This but 17% and a 1320 cat cam. Obx manifold, tomcat. Done.

RB 182 Cup

papeqa8e.jpg

y4anupyv.jpg

ProRace 1.2 look great on Minis IMO. Here's my old R53 JCW with 1.2s albeit 15"

I'm enjoying watching your build

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1

15% pulley is better for the charger at higher rpm than the bigger pecentage ones, I reckon go with that personally.