ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Abarth 500

Renaultsport Clio
Great little car :cool:
I did a track experience about 18 months ago in one of these around Brands Hatch in the rain,great fun overtaking supercars in the wet:tongueout:

brisa4984

ClioSport Club Member
Great little car :cool:
I did a track experience about 18 months ago in one of these around Brands Hatch in the rain,great fun overtaking supercars in the wet:tongueout:

hold on hold on.. an abarth 500 overtaking supercars on track.. in the rain.

put the smoke down dude

cameron-david-drugs-prohibition-weed-cannabis-meme.jpg

-Rob

ClioSport Club Member
Car looks awesome.
I have a massive soft spot for these... They sound superb

How is it on fuel? I do fair mileage. Could be a possible replacement for the 182 if/when the time comes.

Fuel wise I get 30-48mpg depending on driving, 300 mile trip just this last week and I returned 44mpg.

Great cars and I love the splitter on this!

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
Ours is doing my head in with how unforgiving the suspension is to be honest. Thinking about chopping it in for a new volvo xc60 to be honest.

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
Car looks awesome.
I have a massive soft spot for these... They sound superb

How is it on fuel? I do fair mileage. Could be a possible replacement for the 182 if/when the time comes.

Cheers Dan.

Its easily as good on fuel as a 182, if not probably better. Never does less than like 300 mile to a tank, never costs more than £42ish for a tank of the good stuff either. On a good motorway run I've seen almost 400 miles from a tank.

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
Ours is doing my head in with how unforgiving the suspension is to be honest. Thinking about chopping it in for a new volvo xc60 to be honest.

Yeah thats probably its biggest downfall for a lot of people, how crashy the suspension is.

Ours isn't that bad but then I'm maybe just used to it with having cars like the clio etc. Ours is on FSD shocks, H&R springs and Fiat coupe rear bump stops and its bearable. Its just rough back roads it can be annoying.

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
Our 595 is likely to be going soon. Just not practical for us anymore (too small ride is driving me mad).

Looking at either a volvo v40 RDesign or XC60 Rdesign (just want comfort lol) not too bothered about the car, but they're built like a tonka toy.

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
Our 595 is likely to be going soon. Just not practical for us anymore (too small ride is driving me mad).

Looking at either a volvo v40 RDesign or XC60 Rdesign (just want comfort lol) not too bothered about the car, but they're built like a tonka toy.

I can fully understand where you're coming from. On a B road last night it was pretty awful lol. Been very tempted to buy Bilstein Coilovers for it to see if it improves at all.

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
I can fully understand where you're coming from. On a B road last night it was pretty awful lol. Been very tempted to buy Bilstein Coilovers for it to see if it improves at all.
It's not only that I don't/we don't drive the car for enjoyment. So a generic sturdy bus is all I need.

Mega comfy as well.

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
It's not only that I don't/we don't drive the car for enjoyment. So a generic sturdy bus is all I need.

Mega comfy as well.

Lucky for us it rarely goes down B roads, just mainly A roads were it is a lot more acceptable.

Anyone looking for any sort of comfort in one though is certainly looking at the wrong car lol.

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
Lucky for us it rarely goes down B roads, just mainly A roads were it is a lot more acceptable.

Anyone looking for any sort of comfort in one though is certainly looking at the wrong car lol.
It makes my old clio 200 feel like a Bentley lol!

Should try a Fiesta ST on broken B Road's, now that's bad, i've been in 200 Cup on the local broken roads and felt million a miles away from the ST, surly the 500 can't be that bad lol ?

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
Should try a Fiesta ST on broken B Road's, now that's bad, i've been in 200 Cup on the local broken roads and felt million a miles away from the ST, surly the 500 can't be that bad lol ?

Never been in a MK2 ST so can't compare but the 500 is quite bad lol. I'm yet to come across something as stiff/bouncy over B roads and thats after owning cars on coilovers/springs/damper set ups etc. From factory, the rear pretty much sits on the bump stops, Fiat coupe shorter ones help resolve this but its still quite bad.