ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ABS fault

PH2 Clio 172
Hi all,

my friend is having problems with his 2003 172.

We we replaced the rear calipers and rear discs and pads a while ago and ever since after half a mile of driving the SERV ABS ESP STOP and Handbrake symbol all come on.
The brakes feel fine and the abs doesn't appear to be kicking in prematurely or maybe not at all.

I have checked and cleaned all the sensors and abs rings with no joy.
I have replaced the brake light switch and adjusted it again with no joy.

I have had it on my diagnostics which returns P5045 which is not recognised anywhere.

Anyone had had a similar problem?

i presume my next step is to just replace the rear sensors in case they got damaged whilst swapping the cslippers.

Thanks in advance

Ben

PH2 Clio 172
44 teeth on the ABS ring. I'm 99% sure this is what I took off when replacing the discs as well.

Thanks.

Ben

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Sounds right on the tooth count but I'd say your next call should be to confirm the fault on a proper code reader. P codes don't mean diddly to me I'm afraid so cannot offer any help with them.

PH2 Clio 172
Can you recommend where to get it code read?
i am using a Delphi DS150e which is a proper garage piece of equipment.

Thanks

Ben

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
It's so proper that it's churning out generic "P" codes with little explanation.

You're in Derby which is stupidly close to us. It could be wiring, could be the sensor... have you actually checked the wheel speed parameters?

FF Racing Blue 182
This has happened to me recently, new rear pads and discs on my 182. After a week the esp and serv light started to come on irregularly, which never happened before.

Does the 182 share the same amount of teeth to the 172 ?