ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ABS light and speedo not working

RB 182 cup
Was driving along when I noticed my speedo wasn't working properly.. It was saying I was doing 20mph but I was doing around 40 maybe 50 and when I put my foot down it went up very slowly.. Then a few seconds later the ABS light came on then speedo started to work properly again but the light stayed on.. Just got home and turned the car off and back on again but the light has stayed on. Anyone know what could have caused this?

Blane

2007 Clio 197 r27
Not sure what's caused this but try doing a dial test that should help to identify what the problem is

Megane cc, clio
Was driving along when I noticed my speedo wasn't working properly.. It was saying I was doing 20mph but I was doing around 40 maybe 50 and when I put my foot down it went up very slowly.. Then a few seconds later the ABS light came on then speedo started to work properly again but the light stayed on.. Just got home and turned the car off and back on again but the light has stayed on. Anyone know what could have caused this?

Blane

I had this exact fault on daughters 2001 Clio, Long story made short, broken ABS rings, odometer worked fine, so I think it was all incorrect information getting to the ABS computer and it didnt know how to display the speed properly, (max 20mph).
The ABS light was on due to a faulty ABS unit. I replaced the ABS unit and all lights went out on the dash for the first time ever, no reprogramming necessary.
The orange ABS light had been covered over with black tape on the back of the speedometer head............
Many hours of work went into sorting all this out.

David