ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Accelerator Button

Clio Williams No123

Ive noticed a button type thing on the underside my accelerator, on my Cup....you push it all the way down....and click...whats that all about?

Answers on a postcard.

Someone told me it lets you redline it when the engine is still cold as it doesnt let you. Wont be trying it i dont wanna f***k my engine up.:sick:

2008 Golf GTI Edition 30

I asked this a while ago, and was told that its to do with the Cruise Control fitted on the 172s. Even tho my 172 doesnt have Cruise Control.

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by cupcoll on 29 February 2004

Someone told me it lets you redline it when the engine is still cold as it doesnt let you.
Nope, its not for that...

Weve never had a definitive answer to this yet actually!

Clio Williams No123

Could it be for autos....

I know VW automaticsm have a similar button for a gear kick-down when you want to boot it.

Maybe its what makes the Cup quicker than everything else? You click it down.. and it turns into a Supercar. ;)

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by Daz on 29 February 2004

Maybe its what makes the Cup quicker than everything else? You click it down.. and it turns into a Supercar. ;)
Same button on all Clios with the FBW throttle...

Its for the Clios with Cruise control/Speed limiter. Ive tested this so i know what it is.

When you select the speed limiter at whatever speed, lets say 30mph. The car will NOT go faster than that speed UNLESS you push down and click the pedal. Id guess its there for emergency only.

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

the click is the full load switch which the cruise control and auto box models req.every clio is fitted with the same pedal so even if you dont have the above systems your pedal will still click.