ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Accessories belt change in Aberdeen?

CX-7,westfield,ix20
Car's just hit 36k so Accessories belt is due to be changed...

Service itself will be done by myself (and the girlfriends dad) but the belt will need to be done by a garage.

Anyone know of somewhere in the aberdeen (ish) area that would do it cheaper than Evans Halshaw Renault - Quoted £286.29 :eek:

Any help appreciated.

Dave

Astra van,Mk1 nova
im having my belts changed in a couple of weeks, d1cky said that he had his done at renault in brechin:) thats were im going to go i think

long time no speak btw

CX-7,westfield,ix20
im having my belts changed in a couple of weeks, d1cky said that he had his done at renault in brechin:) thats were im going to go i think

long time no speak btw

Alright bud...Aye, long time no speak! You got all your troubles sorted now?? We got lost after the rr day but managed to spot ali on the motorway and gave chase lol.

How much they quoting like??

Timing belt aint due till next August but 'may' get tehm both done at the same time.

Prob only have teh car till just after new year though :S

kic

former 1.2 16v, now corsa
Car's just hit 36k so Accessories belt is due to be changed...

Service itself will be done by myself (and the girlfriends dad) but the belt will need to be done by a garage.

Anyone know of somewhere in the aberdeen (ish) area that would do it cheaper than Evans Halshaw Renault - Quoted £286.29 :eek:

Any help appreciated.

Dave

im pretty sure thats cheap !!!!!!

CX-7,westfield,ix20
^^^Not for they accessories belt it aint!!!

That would be cheap for the timing belt but not the accessories belt.

Astra van,Mk1 nova
lol aye, i was lost also :eek: so just headed back, all the cups troubles are behind it now, turned out it was a backbox restriction now, so running full power:D

i think d1cky was £550 all in, for parts, labour and vat

CX-7,westfield,ix20
lol aye, i was lost also :eek: so just headed back, all the cups troubles are behind it now, turned out it was a backbox restriction now, so running full power:D

i think d1cky was £550 all in, for parts, labour and vat

Glad she's running good now!!!

That sounds more like it for both belts like!!! Shall have a wee search on yell. com the morn and give them a try!

Can't decide whether i'm gonna keep it long enough to warrant doing the timing belt too! :S

If i do keep it the wheels will be getting a wee colour change s would be happier with the way it looks then i think.

Edit. Dicky got aircon though???

CX-7,westfield,ix20
good stuff...i must've missed that if it was recent :S

What you reckon to matt black wheels on my ccar by the way?? Can't decide on matt black or similar to cup pack wheel colour!

will get them for basically nothing through my work either way.

CX-7,westfield,ix20
I've been about lol

Just fighting the itch to change cars cos had a few things go wrong with mine that have been annoying. Typical renault ownership i guess lol

CX-7,westfield,ix20
£303.56 for belt at Mackie Motors in Brechin!!

Although, they have a special on so could get timing belt done aswell at a total cost of £590.77.

Aparently, timing belt is usually £673odd.

Renaults aint cheap to service at all for a 'cheap' car :S

Although, they have a special on so could get timing belt done aswell at a total cost of £590.77.

Why was the quote so high for a Cup ?

Mine was £550 as Eck said, and the work is guaranteed for a year :)

120208CambeltAccessoriesBeltChange.jpg

Evans Balshaw in Aberdeen wanted 600 odd quid :(

Car Clinic would do it for £500, but i just went to Mackie's for the other 50 quid and to get the Renault stamp (And keep the service history Renault from new)

And a lot of the other garages in Aberdeen don't have the camshaft locking tools to allow it to be changed or they say they can't do it :(

Last edited:
  CX-7,westfield,ix20

Car Clinic would do it for £500, but i just went to Mackie's for the other 50 quid and to get the Renault stamp (And keep the service history Renault from new)

And a lot of the other garages in Aberdeen don't have the camshaft locking tools to allow it to be changed or they say they can't do it :(

Not a cup dude...a 182 with air con hence renault take you from behind lol.

Got it done at pitstop in the end as the guy has helped me out in the past and seemed pretty decent.

Needed a front wheel bearing done at the same time so made sense to get them both done at the same place.

Dave

Got it done at pitstop in the end as the guy has helped me out in the past and seemed pretty decent.

Needed a front wheel bearing done at the same time so made sense to get them both done at the same place.

Dave

How much did that sting ya ?

Astra van,Mk1 nova
im off down to glasgow the morn for mine to be done, major service including all belts , plugs etc £220 labour and obviasley parts on top:)

CX-7,westfield,ix20

Dave

How much did that sting ya ?

Just shy of £450 for the lot :eek:

Hate jobs on cars I can't do myself!!