ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

according to the ZR group they think the ZR is better then the 182...

Ford Focus ST2
Hi guys just thought i would share this with you as it made me laugh!!

I used to have an mg zr before my 182 and i was posting on the old forum i used to use and this is the reply i got.....

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Does anyone own this car, i traded it in around feb this year, just wondered if anyone has it and enjoying it as much as i did!

Just a few pictures

DSC00850.jpg

zr.jpg

Got a 182 and its much better and faster!

Rob:p
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
it might be faster it just dont have the same class as the zr!
its french mate, how could you
ts f**king gorgeous...and they are quick as well...fair play i say..i would only have one in that colour
i agree it might be faster but it doesnt beat the zed for looks and class

What are them clowns on???

Rob

BMW 330D
lol dont think theyve seen a 182 then. I hate those ZR's ( no offence to any1 who has one). How they can even compare a ZR against a 182 ill neva knw.

BMW 330D
Rob182 said:
i posted that picture and they all started slating it!!

Guess there just jealous

definitely jealousy i mean just look at it, its gorgeous. i love the colour of ur car!

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
The one thing I will say about ZRs is that there is one thats FWD with something like 700BHP!!! Apparently the engine can be swapped for a 220 Turbo engine pretty easily (IIRC) would be good car to have with those kinds of mods.

Still think the Clios a better car though, but then again, I am biased :rasp:

Donny

53 Clio's & counting
a mate has a zr160 and i have to say it is a nice car,i know its a rover underneath,but alot of people say underneath a clio is a girls car lol,we all know this isnt true but of course they are going to defend the mg,exactly as u guys have done hear,now the 160's are pretty quick,flat as a fart till 4.5k but great over that,and handle well,so all in all they are not bad cars,straight line i dont think they will be worlds behind a clio,but again it all depends on what floats ya boat :)

donnyo said:
The one thing I will say about ZRs is that there is one thats FWD with something like 700BHP!!! Apparently the engine can be swapped for a 220 Turbo engine pretty easily (IIRC) would be good car to have with those kinds of mods.

Still think the Clios a better car though, but then again, I am biased :rasp:

Donny

probably on about the red rover 25 from this way on, with mg front end on it, plastic windows, 220 turbo engine running silly power and nitrous i think.

Mk1 Ph2 1.4 RT !FOR SALE!
donnyo said:

Saw a red one at Ultimate Street Car two years ago that did a 12 sec quater mile, with the guy missing a gear too, went like stink.

In all honesty, I think the ZR is a better looking car than the 182, but would still have the Renault on my drive

clio 200 F4Rt
when was the last time a rover was ever in a 'hot-hatch' shoot out?

bunch of idiots!! a guess a rover is the choice of car.... when you got a pipe and slippers!

yep.. its this one

A16 200 PLUS CLUB Andy Nicholls Rover 200 Turbo 650 Tuner Entry AET Turbos

it used to be a red rover 25, then it turned to an mg? so im guessing he just put the mg front end on it..

Arctic blue 182
LOl at "it's french mate, how could you"
I'll take that abuse from Audi drivers but this fool has a Rover for christs sake. A Rover!!
Actually I got the same treatment on the Fiesta Zetec-S forum when I posted a picture of my new 182 after owning a couple of Z-S. "It's french, crap build quality etc". True, our cars are assembled by blind octagenarian surrender monkeys, but at least the sills don't rust in 6 months like the fiesta and I don't have to buy new wishbones every year!

Dave

i'd have the 182 over the zr, the zr just looks sluggish, not a great start for a hot hatch!

what i can't get my head around is how they only got 180bhp out of the 2.5V6 in the zs-180, about the same as a 182 in a bigger car with much more weight. tho my brothers did go like the preverbial s**t until some prick in an a4 put him in a field. shame, i might have inherited that one too someday.

Renaultsport Clio 182
Hate the ZR, it's just an old Rover 25 with a tacky bodykit. Don't see how it's classy either?!

182 has now gone!
I owned a MG TF 135.. Awful car, nice to look at, pants to drive.. got rid of it after 3 months and got the clio.. much better!!!

Cupped 182 with Recaros
I think it was Clarkson who said the ZR looked like a Rover 25 that had crashed into Halfords. Of the Clio 182, he said "The 182bhp 2 litre engine pulls with planetary torque from low revs and sings power ballads at the top end, but the car’s real party piece is its handling. It seems to go round any corner at whatever speed takes your fancy."

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
mgba_182 said:
Andy Nicholls web site here with spec est 700bhp:eek:

Used to own a few rovers, but would deffo say the 182 is better than the ZR.
Used to own this
http://www.rover2mg.com/modules.php?name=gallery2&g2_itemId=643

http://www.rover2mg.com/modules.php?name=gallery2&g2_itemId=641

231 BHP, not everyones taste but a nice sleeper:D

182 all the way

Andy

Thats the one. I work with a lad who has a Rover Tomcat (220Turbo Coupe) and he raved to me about that...looks like one mean machine.

Donny

No more clio's for me!
lol at the ZR boys....better than an RS are they mad!!

My dad has a 160 ZR (Regaining some youth) and it looks ok and drives ok...but seriously though, it has no class and the interior is cack.

Elise/VX220/R26
that 700 bhp zr is owned by a fellow who works at a turbo reconditioning place down the road from me, I've not seen the car obviously its not his daily driver but yeah impressive stuff!

But seriously what is going through these peoples minds if they think the ZR has more "class" than a clio? ZRs are basically for chavs on council estates so they can zoom past high schools on the pull in the dinner hour. They are out of date lumps of pig iron underneath the spangly paintwork and body kit and the "sporty" ride has only been achived by fitting concrete hard springs instead of sorting out the chassis properly! The interiors are litrally the same as the ones you see on the original L Reg 200 series.

Basically ZRs are the iconic "chav" car IMO

my missus has a zr160 and it is a nice car, engine not as refined as the clio but they handle superb, they look and go ok as well . if my missus had the choice she would have the clio but we both agree the zr is a decent car and probably would have evolved into something a lot better had they the money and a proper management team.

G/W 200 and project Vdub
my mate kept up with me in his zr 160 but i wernt flat out,they look nice but not as nice as a 182.

VaVa
Since when has a Rover 200 with a Halfords body kit had class?

LMFAO. And they are one of the few cars that are actually worse than the Clio for build quality!! Truly shocking cars. They do go and handle OK. But the brakes are s**t.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Laingo said:
Since when has a Rover 200 with a Halfords body kit had class?

LMFAO. And they are one of the few cars that are actually worse than the Clio for build quality!! Truly shocking cars. They do go and handle OK. But the brakes are sh*t.

But they are better. cos they have mesh.