ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Advice on buying a clio renaultsport 200

2011 Clio rs200
Hey guys currently looking at buying the above mentioned model and wondered if there was anything I should look out for. Common problems? Or what spec I should look for. I'd prefer the cup version but would like iPod connection or aux in (aftermarket options?)
quite mechanically minded so any issues that can be sorted by the DIY mechanic will not be a problem owned a Citroen for two years so ha plenty of repairs to carry out haha
thanks in advance, Craig
currently looking at a 2010 white with cup option in Aberdeen and love the colour :)

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
The most 'desirable' spec is a FF 200 with cup packs, Speedline wheels & Recaro's. This argueably will help with resale etc.

From my experience I'd check the transmission thoroughly.

Otherwise great little cars & a riot to drive.

E92 325D
Check for noises and knocking when manouvering around carparks etc going lock to lock. Any knocking can be anything from column and epas unit (£1200ish) or rack (£300ish) - Both are known issues that Renault wont admit to.

If on a test drive the car feels like its wandering, check the anti rotation links.

As said gearboxes are another known problem, RUK will contribute to replacement IF it starts crunching into forth.

Knocking from the rear end? Boot latch or exhaust hitting heat shield is another problem.

Window seals splitting, especially where the door closes against the rear glass.

AUX USB input is on the Tunepoint Headunit which was an option. AUX L/R Phono should be standard on all headunits but doesnt allow for ipod control.

As said above. Cup pack is seen as desireable, however, test drive both and make your own decision....the suspension is HARD. The red brakes are the same as the silver ones....but red. The rack is quicker but would you really notice day to day?

Same applies to the Recaros, they look nice, they're comfortable....but they wear awfully and the standard seats really arent THAT bad!

Definately go for a Full Fat though. I couldnt stand not having the added luxuries of the basic cup model, and the fat steering wheel in the ff is lovely compared to the nasty skinny one in the cup.

Last edited: