ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

After market stero and steering wheel controls?

If I install for example a sony or whatever brand stereo into my Clio would I be able to still use my steering wheel controls? Would I need additional wires and if so where do I get them and which ones do I need. Thank you guys :)

Typhoon

Gangsta
ClioSport Moderator
You'd need a Connects2 cable. You'll lose information on the dash clock though such as track number on CD and so on but it'll be displayed on your headunit anyway. The clock itself will stay.

You'd need a Connects2 cable. You'll lose information on the dash clock though such as track number on CD and so on but it'll be displayed on your headunit anyway. The clock itself will stay.
Temp and clock would stay obv? Right, yeah that wouldn't be an issue as it would display on the new head unit as you say. Thank you for your reply, is it simple enough to install?

Typhoon

Gangsta
ClioSport Moderator
Temp and clock would stay obv? Right, yeah that wouldn't be an issue as it would display on the new head unit as you say. Thank you for your reply, is it simple enough to install?
Temperature and clock stay, yep.
Sometimes it'll also have 'RENAULT' written where the track number etc would go - I know it does in the 197.
Absolute doddle to install mate.

Temperature and clock stay, yep.
Sometimes it'll also have 'RENAULT' written where the track number etc would go - I know it does in the 197.
Absolute doddle to install mate.
Awesome, I'll look into getting one of these, is it the more expensive one (28or so pounds) with the little box thing that comes with it?

Hello.
You want to know what you need to get your steering wheel controls working with your stereo?

You need to decide what stereo you want as that will determine what you need. Post up here what stereo you want / got and I'll find you what you need.

Hello.
You want to know what you need to get your steering wheel controls working with your stereo?

You need to decide what stereo you want as that will determine what you need. Post up here what stereo you want / got and I'll find you what you need.
I haven't got one yet, If you could just advise me a couple of stereos a that are half decent. Will make it easier for you

I have one for sale if you want it ;)

Sony CDX-DAB500U

Aux in
Front USB in
DAB Radio

Used for one month.

£40 posted to you.

I'm not sure what to recommend to be honest, as its down to personal taste as to how Max Power you want it to look. I picked the above because it was quite understated and the colours matched the OEM Renault colours well.

I have one for sale if you want it :wink:

Sony CDX-DAB500U

Aux in
Front USB in
DAB Radio

Used for one month.

£40 posted to you.

I'm not sure what to recommend to be honest, as its down to personal taste as to how Max Power you want it to look. I picked the above because it was quite understated and the colours matched the OEM Renault colours well.
Is it worth making the steering wheel controls work with stereos or is it a lot of f**king about?

RenaultVirgin

Leeds & Surrounding
ClioSport Area Rep
  Integra Type R DC5
Yep that's the one. Then you just need to have the correct lead for your head unit manufacturer (Kenwood). The 2 I linked above are essentially the same, I think it would be safe to go with this one (http://www.connects2.co.uk/Product/ProductItem/CTKENWOODLEAD) as it has the same connection as the other, plus another one, but you would have to ask someone else before you go through with it cos I'm not sure.
I haven't a clue which one mine is lol

"The single wire connection is for the Newer model Kenwood stereos which have a single wire input and then round plug connection is for the older model stereos."

So with that i'm assuming I need the single wire connection, as mine is a newer model Kenwood stereo?

RenaultVirgin

Leeds & Surrounding
ClioSport Area Rep
  Integra Type R DC5
"The single wire connection is for the Newer model Kenwood stereos which have a single wire input and then round plug connection is for the older model stereos."

So with that i'm assuming I need the single wire connection, as mine is a newer model Kenwood stereo?
Sounds about right actually. I'd say you're pretty safe to get that one then.