ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Airbag light plus Renault Clip

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
Hi,

Are there any experts on here regarding the airbags in a 182 and Renault Clip.

Trying to get rid of the dreaded SERV+Airbag light.

Can explain in further detail to anyone who can help.

Thanks

Ben

ourboy

ClioSport Club Member
  172 cup
i have clip but still learning with it.
I think you can reconfigure the computer to think that the car doesn't have airbags from the factory?? but how you go about this is an other thing.

Golf GTD Mk7
Aribag lights can be turned off using clip yes. The airbag ecu needs reprogramming to state no airbag present in the location you need.

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
Aribag lights can be turned off using clip yes. The airbag ecu needs reprogramming to state no airbag present in the location you need.

We found the list off all the airbags ACTIVE in the car, we managed to find out how to switch them all to INACTIVE and NOT PRESENT but the light is still on. I don't know if we have done something wrong or there is another fault else where?

Could do with taking it to an expert but there are none with 2-3 hours of me so If I could solve it myself first that would be better.

Golf GTD Mk7
We found the list off all the airbags ACTIVE in the car, we managed to find out how to switch them all to INACTIVE and NOT PRESENT but the light is still on. I don't know if we have done something wrong or there is another fault else where?

Could do with taking it to an expert but there are none with 2-3 hours of me so If I could solve it myself first that would be better.

Iirc you need to switch of ignition after the changes. Might be wrong though. Pm Mick at diamond, he's a little familiar with this than I :)