ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

All in wonder X800XT

Lee

BMW M2C
Looking at his overclocked P4s I reckon it's a lower spec card he has either soft or hard modded. Either way, you still get the card he is advertising. But then he does say it's a retail box, so maybe that's not the case.

I was lucky that I got an X800 Pro ViVo quite early, before they were hardware locked, so I was able to soft mod it right up to an X800 XT PE.

Nippy white cup
Geforce 4 Ti (I think lol) It runs HL2 and Quake 3 etc but not very smoothly (unless you turn everything off) but still playable. Wanted Battlefield 2 but it wouldn`t even run it! I`ve just been reading some bits on this X800 and it is awesome..running Farcry on full detail with everything on at something between 40fps and 60fps.....can`t wait! Thanks again m8y

Chris

Last edited:

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Chris n`nic said:
Geforce 4 Ti (I think lol) It runs HL2 and Quake 3 etc but not very smoothly (unless you turn everything off) but still playable. Wanted Battlefield 2 but it wouldn`t even run it! I`ve just been reading some bits on this X800 and it is awesome..running Farcry on full detail with everything on at something between 40fps and 60fps.....can`t wait! Thanks again m8y

Chris

Good move Chris - gimme a shout if you're going online m8! You're right with it not running BF2 - that needs DirectX 9, which the Ti range of cards never supported. Like Lee says - GT Legends too!

D.

Lee

BMW M2C
It's a little odd his feedback recently doesn't start until November the 7th, and before that the last one was Jan 6th 2003.

172 Cup
His recent feedback looks blatantly "paid for".. Look at his last 6 buyers names.. They are all very similar and look like they are from a block of names.

I'd be vary careful buying a card that claims to be genuine yet is half the price it should be.

172 Cup
LOL @ this then..

iconPos_16x16.gif

As advertised. They even followed my special delayed vacation shipping request!

Buyer starlabird
s.gif
( 57
iconBlueStar_25x25.gif
)
07-Nov-05 23:44
s.gif
s.gif

iconPos_16x16.gif

thank you, very good ebayer,super fast shipment!!!!!!!

Buyer pcvertex
s.gif
( 43
iconYellowStar_25x25.gif
)
07-Nov-05 12:59
s.gif
s.gif

iconPos_16x16.gif

Fast shipping, easy deal, Thanks A++++

Buyer sharky_1967
s.gif
( 42
iconYellowStar_25x25.gif
)
07-Nov-05 12:55

All 3 items sold to completely different people and all the auctions ended on the same day 25th October. Two buyers thank him for "fast" delivery and the third thanks him for "delayed delivery" yet all 3 strangers post feedback on exactly the same day.

172 Cup
I would be very suspicious Clart, things just don't look right.

Another indicator - He makes a point of stating he will not ship abroad but look at some of the feedback left for him. When was the last time the average Brit used phrases like "vacation.."

The feedback seems all too generic rather than than making referance to the item itself.

Lee

BMW M2C
Chris n`nic said:
Seem dodgy but a lot of feedback to `fake`.

Chris

Only the most recent seem to apply, it's almost like he's purchased an old account which hasn't been used for a couple of years.

Nippy white cup
Doesn`t look too good. I`ve just sent a message to him asking why yesterday his location was USA but today it is UK? I bet there is no reply.

Chris

Possibly selling 9800XTs and hoping most punters are daft enough not to notice? Just a thought...hope it all works out okay.

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
Hmm well I've got his bank details which may be a safer bet. And I should be covered by ebay if something goes wrong

172 Cup
Clart said:
And I should be covered by ebay if something goes wrong

Famous last words... Why not ask him if you can collect the item? Even if you have no intention of doing this see what his response is.