ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Allignment advise

monaco 172
Recently got my 172 on the hunter system after quite a few changes to the front end.

The rear left last year was a degree out on the toe so I rectified this using a shim from pure motorsport but I think I may have gone too far.

From the attached the rear left wants an extra camber shim in there and a tiny but of toe in to match the right hand side.

Does it look ok or should I look to get this sorted? Car feels fine on the road and goes in a straight line no problem .

Attachments

• IMG-20170808-WA0004.jpeg
    IMG-20170808-WA0004.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 60
  Clio 182 FF
What was the rear toe and camber readings before you fitted the shim. Was it a 1 degree shim you fitted? If you have gone too far you could use a 0.5 degree shim

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
You need a degree camber shim on the rear to get it to match.

Assume you don't mean a shim for the toe?

Clio 182 FF
You can use the rear shims for toe or camber. Unfortunately in the op car the camber and toe are out. 30 minutes more toe in on the left rear is probably the best it can get. Ok for road. If I were to track that car I would be looking for a better solution. Possibly another rear beam

R29TJR

ClioSport Club Member
  2005 RB 182 Cup
This is mine currently:

IMG_3757.JPG

Drives really well on the road, although a little understeer on track.

Although set ups are very personal and will require adjustment.