ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Alloy Re-Furbish Question

Was a Clio 1.8 16v

Do they blast down the inside of the rim then powder coat it & laquer it or just the outside?

Any1 had theirs done who can answer? Because i need mine doing to get rid of the slow air leak caused by flaky paint on seal with tyre apparently. Thanx, Mikey.

The place i phoned reckoned they dip the rims in an acid which results in stripping every layer of paint etc off the rim. The rim is then treated with something, powdercoated and baked in a oven. Cost approx £200 a set.

They also reapir any damage and x-ray the rim for cracks.

This is just what he said but I dont know if its true.

Mike

The place i phoned reckoned they dip the rims in an acid which results in stripping every layer of paint etc off the rim. The rim is then treated with something, powdercoated and baked in a oven. Cost approx £200 a set.

They also repair any damage and x-ray the rim for cracks.

This is just what he said but I dont know if its true.

Mike

Skoda Fabia vRS

its not usual practice to do anythin but the face of the wheel

so if you want the inside doing you will pay at least £200 for a set of 4

Quote: Originally posted by BRUN on 26 April 2003

its not usual practice to do anythin but the face of the wheel

so if you want the inside doing you will pay at least £200 for a set of 4
umm is that not what I just said?

Hippys bus of LOVE !!!

I thought they sand blasted them....... Thats what I had done to mine as they were all a bit dull from off roading...... I guess the moral here is, not to go off roading :oops:

Was a Clio 1.8 16v

Hummm. So does alloy refurbing include inner rim?

Come to think of it i might just live with pumping them up every other day. :(

Trophy

The two sets ive had done got completely stripped then powder coated inside and out.

First set cost me £150 inc re-fitting of tyres, second set cost me £100 with no tyres cos they said they would give me a discount if i went back.

Anyone who seen them knows they did a good job.

http://www.sweeneysherlock.co.ukwww.sweeneysherlock.co.uk

Mat.

Was a Clio 1.8 16v

Actually Mat; do i need them laquered aswell by a bodyshop afterwards?

Nevermind, jus read the alloy wheel re-fubishment section. Good stuff, now i have to get them down to Birmingham from Manchester and then pick them up again! :(

Should i have them polished or is the mat look best for the phase 2s?

Mikey theirs a company round here that does alloy refurbs, I remember seing a big white transit drive past the other day with Pics of Alloys on it and on the bonnet in HUGE writing it sed.. ALLOY WHEEL REFURBISHMENT :D

Ill see if i can get a phone number for you.

Lionel Richie

Mikey, i can get them fully acid stripped and powdercoated pretty much any colour then any lacquer (ie metalic) for £25 per wheel

Again its in Birmingham