ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Alphine Head Unit Fitting

Just purchased a alpine ALP-CDA9815RB head unit for my new 172, so i have a couple of questions.

1, Do i need a converter so i can conect the new head unit useing the standard renault wireing, or will it be just a straight swap?

2, Is there a stalk converter i can fit without removeing the dash?

3, Can you recomend some good speakers to go with this head unit?

cheers for the help guys ;) oh and gilrls :D

1. No, its standard iso connectors.

2. No, you have to connect it into the red plug on the back of the clock.

3. Err Pass.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Quote: Originally posted by TheRonin_172 on 06 October 2003

Just purchased a alpine ALP-CDA9815RB head unit for my new 172, so i have a couple of questions.

1, Do i need a converter so i can conect the new head unit useing the standard renault wireing, or will it be just a straight swap?

its NOT a straight swap you need to feed the power wire directly to the battery.

2, Is there a stalk converter i can fit without removeing the dash?

Yes its around £50, yes with the alpine one you need to remove the dash

3, Can you recomend some good speakers to go with this head unit?

Depends on your price range

I have the same h/u for my clio going to fit it 2moro, i also have the alpine stalk and harness adaptors, so am i going to have to remove the dash for this? is it easy? does the connects2 adaptor stop the need need to remove the dash if so what is it called and where can i get it?

P.s. My car is a new Clio.

Thanks Dave

Do you just have to remove the dash if you want the display to work, or do you need to do it for the remote steering controls aswell? dont really want to start ripping apart my dash!

Quote: Originally posted by Tomclio16v on 07 October 2003

you cant get a connects2 for an alpine unit
I couldnt find any info on the connect2 for an alpine/renault clio. Anyone have a link for it?

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy

Quote: Originally posted by Tomclio16v on 07 October 2003

you cant get a connects2 for an alpine unit
yes sorry my mistake, shud read the post more carefully ey? :oops: