ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

alpine 9812 help

just got the 9812 delivered, but not sure how to wire it in, i can plug it all in ok, just left with a yellow wire a black wire ( both power) and an orange one which is meant to go to "instrument cluster illumination lead".

where do i wire these? there is three wires that arent used on the cars side of the connector plugs, so im assuming its them, or do i have to wire directly to the car battery for power? cheers

got the power leads sorted, got to screw the ground somewhere but it is too dark for me to see now :(

have to wait till tommorow to see if it works

Mrs' valver! &myV6 veccy

Had the 9813 delivered 2 weeks ago, i had a quick butchers at it.

Oh my god i thought it was just gonna be a simple ISO block connection!

Will be worth it though when i eventually get it in!

Pain the arse they are especially if you dont want to cut the existing loom. Remember to take the power to the battery and not the headunit power. Not that i did and its worked fine for over a year.

Polo + Micra

yeah just had the same probs with alpine hu so i will have to wait till the w/end :(

what i did was cut up a set of autoleads wgich meant i could avoid cutting into my loom. About 75% of leads where right on the autoleads but i needed to sort the other 25%. With the power i just crimped it onto one of those things thats in the autoleads and connected it to the normal power supplly

Clio 172 Ph2

I doubt the loom can supply 20 amps and thats what the stereo is fused at.

If you have a melt down, you only have yourself to blame. It does say dont connect this to your loom, connect it directly to the battery.

If you want a loom safe radio, you should have gone for a less powerful one - i.e. 45w per channel.

Without having the main power leads to worry about, the HU would just a be a straight forward ISO plugin jobby.

I put a separate power cable from the battery to the head unit in the end just to be on the safe side as i will be cranking the volume up

just a bit puzzled with the illumination wire, think i know where it goes but waiting till friday so ill have the daylight to see properly.

then there is the ground cable to screw to the chassis, not much cable to play with so that will be a pain trying to reach up in the dash a bit and screw it in somewhere. cut me hands up a bit as it is with the cage and the cables kept popping back inside the dash!

any easy places for the ground cable to go? cheers

its been playing fine for over a year now. Everytime i see that wire i cringe, the yellow one with big sticker on it saying do not connect behind dash. It was a job i always thought id do later. But it works fine

i managed to get it working. i thought sod the illumination wire, the orange and white wire i thought it went to turns out to be red and yellow in the daylight! and the ignition cable, yeah sod that too. i mean who need to turn the stereo on when the ignition is off?!

sounds ok, trying to figure out how the hell i set the sound, damn there is a lot of things you can change and the instructions dont really tell you what sound your changing! so trial and error:), i seem to get one menu then cant find it again for about 15 mins! doh, think ill have a beer and leave it till tommorow!

Polo + Micra

you wana try setting up the sound on a 9815:confused:

only got it in temp at the mo i will probably have to try and set it up again on the weekend

If you dont have the yellow wire connected to a permanent live, when you turn your ignition off on track 4 of your cd it automatically turns back on onto Radio!!

It forgets what settings you had it on!!

i have the yellow one connected, just not the illumination wire and the ignition coil wire. it remembers the settings. the illumination wire is so you can dim the display with the interior dimmer. I might have to do that cos the blue lights are pretty damn bright!

im getting there with the settings, sounding good now had to turn the gain on my amp up quite a lot.

the 9815 will be worth it in the end! and no i wouldnt like to try that, not until iv worked out this one!

You guys are crazy. Ill tell you from my own experience that RB_172 is right and you should do what it says. I solder and heatshrink every wire and get the best connection possible. Maff you should connect your ignition lead so that when your ignition is off you cant turn your stereo on Thats what its there for!

im also gonna purchase the alpine cda 9812 RB , i thought it would just plug straight in to my current adaptor ??

so!!

I have connected the red live to the red on the loom, and i have connected the yellow lead to the read too as the red has 2 plugs!! Without the yellow connected to this the HU wouldnt turn on!!

I have been n bought some 20Amp cable!! Should i connect the yellow direct to the battery with this new cable??

Cheers

Mrs' valver! &myV6 veccy

Fitted my 9813 yesterday, didnt take too long surprisingly!

Went out and bought some 8 gauge wire just to make sure, with another 20A fuse near the battery. Connected this wire to the yellow one.

As Smokey said, plugged the red wire into the wire on the loom.

I found an earthing point undernearth the centre console (coz my interior is out!) Its one of the 13mm bolts with the red bit of the chassis peeping over the bolt. Theres a few there so take your pick really!

As for the dimmer switch, i havent attempted it yet. But to be honest it looks like a simple matter of splicing the wire into the +ve on the dimmer switch.

I finally see what people mean about the quality of alpine stuff! Sounds great too!

Al