ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Aluminium trim to van.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
I have a new van for work. It is a 2009 Vauxhall Movano with a massive box on the back that lowers on air suspension :cool:

It has done 100k and as you can see from the pictures it looks a bit tired. I had massive vinyl graphics put on the side to cover up the greying box so that looks good but the trim is pretty tired.

109460DE-2305-40E4-9326-26D37C744695_zpsv1h0ytbm.jpg

6734CE1E-6E5C-4170-9D95-8FE83D8F38F8_zpssvx50agb.jpg

As you can see the roller shutter on the back too is pretty stained.

A7FB4FEB-014D-4924-97FA-C711B8C317C9_zpsj8fmksuy.jpg

7C593418-EF6D-493F-8570-8CC4C061E3F6_zpsdehnjoft.jpg

This shows part of the side trim that I have attempted to clean but it is hard going.

4B806D63-3B6B-4939-AF1F-A8FE3A0F17D0_zpseakhuaqe.jpg

AAA4F583-F392-436E-AF59-F4FA19A8AC84_zpsyaomdd5b.jpg

Obviously not looking for proper car show finish or the level a lot of detailers get in here but can anyone recommend any thing to clean this up or am I destined to have the trim looking a bit grim? Not expecting miracles but just want it to look a bit better.

ta,

Seb

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
Cheers guys, good call on some sort of addition to a drill... take the donkey work out of it.

I don't work for the Police anymore Daniel :cool: hence why I have a van and shiz.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
Done ten years service with the old bill. Had imo the best job in the Force so was incredibly hard decision. Been thinking about it for almost a year. Wanted a change in lifestyle etc for me and the Mrs Seb basically.

Good luck with it chap. Might be worth talking to someone locally that could help for beer tokens.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Done ten years service with the old bill. Had imo the best job in the Force so was incredibly hard decision. Been thinking about it for almost a year. Wanted a change in lifestyle etc for me and the Mrs Seb basically.

I say this with lotsand lots of love for you Seb, but I do hope you've Made the right decision. Not wanting to take the thread off topic but I'd love a solid career and more importantly a decent pension. Tbh, I'd love any sort of pension! Lol.

What you doing with the van then? Pm me if you prefer.

Also, if you want a cheap and fast way to bring all that Ali up clean, use some wonder wheels on it. Leave it to dwell for a good 5 minutes and wash it all of using hot soapy water and a stiff scrubbing brush. It's what I use on tarnished 4x4 side steps. You do need to polish it afterwards though as you will leave it very naked. It's not ideal as a cleaning method but we're not talking about a new range rover or Bentley.