ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

amp power

hello all
ive recently just bought my 182 and did my research about fitting a amp and sub. ive located the bonnet release grommit and had many failed attempts of getting the cable through, where does it come out the other side? sounds as though its hitting the bottom of the screen washer bottle?

cheers

Such a mission to get it through mate, can't remember how I did it though.

Think I cut the grommit open through engine bay, tis right at back.

Took two of us.

cant even see it come out the other side when using a piece of wire, does it have to be pushed at a certain angle? cheers Dan

Clio 182
I found it easier on the 182 than any other car I've done. Lots of space through the grommit.

I'm guessing you mean you can't see where it comes out if you go from the passenger footwell forwards towards the engine bay? Well, you can unclip the wadding (can't think of the proper name) at the back of the engine. I ran the cable in the white plastic clips that run along the right hand side of the engine bay from the battery.

Hope this helps.

Ph 1 172
Just fitted a power cable to my 172 yesterday! Unclip and lift off the power steering fluid bottle,

pull back sound deadening/heat shield fabric which is protecting the bulkhead.

Push a small Allen key through the grommit from the inside of the car and then go to outside of the car put hand behind where the power steering fluid bottle is to locate the hole. You could also just grab hold of the bonnet release cable and follow that till it hits the bulkhead

Now you no where it is you can ((a))(which is hardest) try to slide power cable through the grommit or ((b))(I did this and found it easy) I feed a bit of speaker wire through the grommit from inside the car then went outside the car lifted the speaker cable out tied it to the end of the power cable with a string knot and then from inside the car just slowly yanked the power cable through!! Easy peasy lol