ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

amp problems

FOR SALE!!!
need bit of adivce fitting a sub and amp in a n reg punto the wires were already in the car but the amp will not power on i have done quite a few sub and amps in the past i have checked the power lead is working by touching on to bare metal it sparked well and also cut the end so fresh wire is showing the ground wire is on an orignal ground point in the boot and remote wire is on an amp power out wire on the back of the head unit which is marked as amp remote wire i have also tryed the remote wire on a few more of the wires in the back to make sure but still wont work checked both the fuses that are in the back of the amp to 15amp's and they are fine
when i pluged a set of rca leads in red light flashed on the amp and then went back off so im a bit stuck to why it wont work could it be there is no isloated fuse on the power wire its just the wire all the way to amp also the head unit doe not turn off you have to take the front panal off to turn off but this happens on my other mates punto to so could it be the fact need to take off all the leads of the battery so it will reset the head unit our do you rekcon the amp is fired it come with the car but subs removed etc any advice would be great

LY 182
try bridging the live on the amp to the remote terminal on the amp
disconnect the remote that runs to the headunit first though

172 coming soon
Internal Amp fuse perhaps? Had that stump me once on a Kenwood..

Failing that, then put an in-line fuse on the power lead to the amp (common sense says so, more than anything).

FOR SALE!!!
got it working by briging the remote so think the remote wire of the head unit does not wanna work

Polo + Micra
yeah the amp turn -on lead is protected by a 500ma fuse normally to protect the hu.

just take a link fron the ignition lead that goes to hu if it's got one

FOR SALE!!!
yeah the amp turn -on lead is protected by a 500ma fuse normally to protect the hu.

just take a link fron the ignition lead that goes to hu if it's got one

is this the same on all puntos as me mate got the smae problem on his punto and i have just wired a switch in for the lad so he can trun amp on and off in case it does his head in to

Polo + Micra
tbh i think it's common on all puntos as my mate had probs with his in his punto.

yeah a switch is fine as long as you got the supply from an ignition switched source as he would drain his battery if he forgets to switch it off

FOR SALE!!!
nah did not take of igtion lead and his headunit drains his battery as that dont go of either so he has to rember to do that so he gd at rembering bec he knows if he dont his car be flat lol