ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

AndyRg - 20VT French/German Sleeper ish

Status
Not open for further replies.
  Trophy Turbo :)
Rev limiter due to rods mate.... scared now these boys told me they bend...

Got a spare agu lump now will forge it over winter and run the same power for safety may be a little more boost but dont need more power veryyyyy happy with her

R5 gtt, R27 F1 team
It's the opposite, torgue falls but power climbs.

Only forged rods will do the trick. pistons are strong enough.

Monaco blue 172
Standard rods will do 280ftlb ok. You can get rods for 20 valve motor for buttons now really always best to chuck a set in. Although should think you'd be ok on a td04.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Yeah even with N/A its a risk, my williams lump caught fire at combe when the gearbox let go, the oil went onto the exhaust, luckily there was a fire marshal nearby so no real harm done.

Evo 8 & Yamaha R6
Why have I only just found this thread! I really need to come on here more!, love it! Great work! Hats off to you! I did this to an old 6n polo ... It was great! And that was only at 230/240 bhp! Can't beat a good 20vt!

Hello Guys ive not been on for a long time due to my new addition to my Family Ava Was born early February and after many complications she was born fit and well and my wife is also good too :)

Some Updates to this.

After a seriously god thrashing the car decided to "drop a valve at 7000rpm! so i had to simply look at what had happened and why, the valve set is good and prooved for 450/500Bhp, the 20vt suffer very much from worn valve guides, and this is exactly what this was the valve came doen on a angle and hot the pistons with a very bad impact.

Never mind, i got my self a BAM engine and started again..

Fored PEC ( wosigner ) Rods
BAM Pistons with lower compresion
BAM head
ARP Bolts
Sachs Uprated vr6 Clutch & Fly wheel
Crank Balaned with Fly Wheel
Uprated Oil Pump
New Tensioner for Head Chain
OE Bearings
OE Rings
OE Gaskets
Block skimmed and decked.
BAM Oil Squirters

Here are a few pictures,

Oh and a IHi Vf35 :) 620cc injects and a 325lph Pump :)

Ive also sorted the speedo/rpm and all other clock things out by fited the VW golf clocks :)

ill update some more photos and videos soon but not had time of recent to do this.

3_zpsf509f12d.jpg

5_zpse0d2896d.jpg

4_zpsafaf6aaa.jpg
these were trial fit pistons the items i used were brand new from Audi

6_zpsadc963ba.jpg

1_zpsb13b479d.jpg

2_zps001796eb.jpg

Let the clio HIT the dyno :)

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Nice one on the family side mate :)

Must say though I cant see the point in chasing more power, mines not quite 300 and still seems plenty, lol

its not a case of chasing power Chip, i want torque to the red line that the TD04 cant do :)

The car is awsome even at 1.bar it delivers the power so well and belive it or not it DOESNT just wheel spin the 1.4 Map however is crazy but boost per gear still needs set up and mapping finished

:)

172 cup, Impreza P1
Glad everything is ok with the wee one and the mrs mate. The clan is getting bigger now!

Looks a good build too now and look forward to seeing the results.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
its not a case of chasing power Chip, i want torque to the red line that the TD04 cant do :)

The car is awsome even at 1.bar it delivers the power so well and belive it or not it DOESNT just wheel spin the 1.4 Map however is crazy but boost per gear still needs set up and mapping finished

:)

Power is nothing without control, definately the mapping is important.

I find throttle angle vs rpm the most useful thing to map against for boost not rpm per gear though TBH (well unless using something like autronic where you can do throttle angle vs rpm vs gear in a 4d table by combining GPC tables, but most ECU's cant do that of course!)

Pretty upset today, car suffered from a miss fire due to a coil pack issue would k ly rev to 6800 new coils packs and all is good ut only mapped to 1.1 bar

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
I dont believe it is very fast....therefore you must supply video's to prove me wrong ;)

Just kidding, looking very nice as usual Mr.RG and a very good advertisement for your new car tuning business :)

p.s is that you using your neighbours water instead of your own...tight arse lol

Impressive delivery of power. Doesn't look like your typical whacking great big turbo lump that dies off. I bet that will be a hoot to drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.