ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Annoying black marks on the paint!

Cropper

ClioSport Club Member
  Renault Sport 200T
So I cleaned my car today, and I've been doing some motorway miles in it recently and I've come across like small black marks that don't budge on a clean.. Not that type of guy who is religious about detailing so if somebody could sign some light on how I can remove them that would be brilliant!

Cropper

ClioSport Club Member
  Renault Sport 200T
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 105

Cropper

ClioSport Club Member
  Renault Sport 200T
Sorry I took a while too add them photos gotta love iPhones.. Looks good all cleaned but up close its the bottom picture like little specs on black but even a abrasive rub (without damaging the paint) still doesn't come off.. Don't want too throw any sort of stuff on it as I don't wanna damage the green

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
It's a solvent that dissolves the spots, put it in a spray bottle with a chemical resistant head and spray it on and watch for it dissolving.

Then wipe the spots away with a microfibre and rinse the panel with water.

Cropper

ClioSport Club Member
  Renault Sport 200T
Cheers for that mate! Can I pick a bottle up at the likes of halfords etc?

Cropper

ClioSport Club Member
  Renault Sport 200T
I'll get myself a bottle sorted! Need the car perfect for summer. Thanks for the input guys much appreciated

Cropper

ClioSport Club Member
  Renault Sport 200T
Don't know half of these things but thanks too Google and your help im hoping it'll look even cleaner next time it gets treatment. Been really p***ing me off after taking a few hours out and still having them black marks!

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
If you're buying TARdis, get some iron x as well

They're both a spray on product, you'll be shocked at the amount of s**t that comes off the car!

...I'll get a thread to show you.

Cropper

ClioSport Club Member
  Renault Sport 200T
By looking at your photos of the deep clean Im fallen for the LY! Could be a change in the future that's for sure.. Attention to detail is what I'm missing at the moment 😞

Cropper

ClioSport Club Member
  Renault Sport 200T
Oh I'm in love with the alien green! Wouldn't mind a LY though haha:tongueout:

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
Get a clean Alien Green in the sun and it glows so much, the gold flake through the green really does show through.

A really good colour and hard to spray/match I believe...

Cropper

ClioSport Club Member
  Renault Sport 200T
Get a clean Alien Green in the sun and it glows so much, the gold flake through the green really does show through.

A really good colour and hard to spray/match I believe...

Yeah defiantly! I had the smallest of touch ups done on the drivers side front wing as I wasn't happy when I got it, took 3 times to get it right.. He did say if I wasn't happy again the whole drivers side would need respraying! Thank god they got it right