ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Another boss. Another issue.

Mazda Mx5 Mk2.5
Hi all, so I'm now on boss number 3, this time I know the issue after reading through lots of threads on here but no one asked my question (at least I think) so I think the boss I now have is an omp one without the tabs for the wheel position sensor.
What would happen if I just run it without this, I read the lights for tc and service will come on, but is that all that actually happens, or will my car decide randomly that the wheels are in odd directions and have itself try to kill me?

Cheers

You'll be fine mate, the indicators wont self cancel and the TC will be disengaged, no biggie as its an intrusive POS system anyway. I've got the OMP boss on my FF by the way, and sometimes the TC will disengage and sometimes it wont, so I just turn it of when getting in it.

Mazda Mx5 Mk2.5
Star, just fitted it and it seems to be okay minus the esp and airbag light. Not that a care much for traction control.

I should also mention, the boss, which I think Is omp, can be unscrewed from the backplate via 4x4mm bolts, with this off you can feed the airbag, cruise control and horn wiring through. As I think it's the horn connector is too large to fit otherwise. Pretty self explanatory, but saw it mentioned a lot.