ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Another coilover thread ..

Clio 172 (CUP)
I know that feeling, finally got my car back earlier this week from having the new spec safety devices cage fitted, sooo much wiring to do :(
That same cage swap will be a nect winter job for me, this thing needs to be used lol.

Mine turned up today, rears are on I'm just waiting for my new top mounts to come so I can get the fronts on.

IMG_7671.jpg

Clio 172 (CUP)
On the subject of top mounts Nick @pure-motorsport motorsport managed to get me a set of his in less then 24hrs, would recommend him aswell as @Mash for sorting the coilovers to anyone.
Good to know they are compatible with the PMS ones, less hassle for me then. Looking forward to hear your impression of them, hope you have an easy job of putting them on today

Same here, still can't decide on BC or Gaz, be interesting to hear how hard they are on the road as well.

I'll be able to compare them both as 2 of my mates have the BC DR's fitted

Good to know they are compatible with the PMS ones, less hassle for me then. Looking forward to hear your impression of them, hope you have an easy job of putting them on today

Fitting was really easy buddy, just having some grub then I'm off out to try it.

Good outcome?

Missed my track day last week due to c**k up with top mounts so now I've got to wait til the 12th.

I'd imagine from how they perform on the road they would be awesome on the track, you wouldn't really want the spring set up I've got in a road car which is fine as mine is pretty much track only.

I'll give you a proper review after the 12th

Clio 172 (CUP)
Hope it goes well tomorrow, keen to hear your opinion on them.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Hope it goes well tomorrow, keen to hear your opinion on them.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I did another track evening last week, they seem very good. I was a bit worried about the rears being to stiff but the back was amazing, felt very planted. I did have a bit of understeer mid and exit of corners but I'm hoping to overcome this by stifining the rear up a bit more, may even raise the rear end a little, either way it's down to me getting the car set up and not a fault of the suspension.

Remind me tomorrow evening and I'll tell you how I got on.

Clio 172 (CUP)
Hi Pal, how was it then, rewarding session? Happy with your setup and spring ratings? Where you able to dial in the setup like you had hoped?

Hi Pal, how was it then, rewarding session? Happy with your setup and spring ratings? Where you able to dial in the setup like you had hoped?

Hey buddy, still had a little bit of understeer however I think it's down to me not chucking the car hard enough into the corners, with a bit more confidence I'll go harder into the corners loading the suspension up creating more grip.

If i bought them again I'd prob go slightly softer on the front so it was a little more forgiving, the back I'm very happy about, feels very very planted and only oversteered when provoked.

Overall I'm very happy with them, with a bit more track time I'm sure I'll get used to them, at the moment I'm still used to a lot more roll from the previous cooksport/cup shock setup, might try and get a whole day booked in rather then just a short evening session.

Clio 172 (CUP)
Good stuff, I'm currently on cooksports and cup shocks so I know where you're coming from. So the big Q, how do they compare to your mates BC DR setups?

My mates is more comfortable on the road and still performs well on track, if you want them for road and track I'd get the BC's, for track only I'd get the Golds.

Clio 172 Merc ML55
@eon172 sorry its been so long with ref to video of my setup, still can't find my sd card with them on but i have gone through sme photos which hopefully show the difference between before and after

Firstly the before, this was on new cup shocks and cheapy Amax springs from euro car parts.
IMG_2239.JPG

This is the 'bus stop' at LLandow, approx 35-40 mph 90 left, 90 right combination

Secondly is with the new setup, Gaz Golds 800 front and 450 rear, combined with whiteline RARB
IMG_3995.JPG

There are a couple of variations in that i had no passenger and swapped from 16's to 15's but for me the difference is clear, only slight downside being i felt a little too much understeer at times, but i was playing around with damper settings most of the day

Clio 172 (CUP)
@eon172 sorry its been so long with ref to video of my setup, still can't find my sd card with them on but i have gone through sme photos which hopefully show the difference between before and after

Firstly the before, this was on new cup shocks and cheapy Amax springs from euro car parts.
View attachment 1335229

This is the 'bus stop' at LLandow, approx 35-40 mph 90 left, 90 right combination

Secondly is with the new setup, Gaz Golds 800 front and 450 rear, combined with whiteline RARB
View attachment 1335232

There are a couple of variations in that i had no passenger and swapped from 16's to 15's but for me the difference is clear, only slight downside being i felt a little too much understeer at times, but i was playing around with damper settings most of the day
Too banana, thanks for sharing that, it certainly looks more planted [emoji106]