ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

another Cup failing its MOT

clio 172 cup
Well was the annual MOT nightmare day - will it pass or fail? Well in my case a FAIL.

Rear brake load sensing valve missing/seized 3.6.F.3 gutted!!!!
Nearside tyre below 1.6mm

One phone call to NE tyres - 2 tyres going on rear tomorrow morning

And a BIG thank you to all for the info on here from the Dept of Trans regarding this. One phone call to VOSA and decision reversed - Result!!!!!

retest tomorrow pm

RichCup

ClioSport Club Member
I had an absolute nightmare with mine! They refused to read the VOSA form and got very aggressive about it! Had to go somewhere else in the end!

172 Cup
Brake load sensor missing? T**ers!
If it's not already on here somewhere a quick google should through up a VOSA monthly newsletter called "Testing matters" (or something) with a pic of a cup on the back page that explains the situation.
I have a PDF of it at home somewhere, I could dig it out later if ppl want?

_WILL_

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
I had an absolute nightmare with mine! They refused to read the VOSA form and got very aggressive about it! Had to go somewhere else in the end!

They sound like dickheads to be honest, hate it when people can't admit they are wrong!

Do you think many people have had new brake sensor things fitted to a cup not knowing any better and are now driving round with an incorrect brake set up?

RichCup

ClioSport Club Member
I'm not sure to be honest! You'd hope MOT testers read these testing tips things but blatently they don't! Half of it is probably down to lack of knowledge on the tester's behalf.

I think in the end my rear brakes would only do 30kg, and that was with all brand new pads etc! Handbrake was around 120kg and the fronts were about 400ish lol!

Volvo S60 T5
As long as all brakes cover at least 50% braking effort then it should pass.
The testing station I use are very aware of the poor braking effort on the CUP.
You can move the brake load valve arm to increase braking effort by the way, as we have had to do some times.

Breaking 172 NV676
mine did this last weekend, phoned them monday when i read about it on here. They wouldnt put me through to the tester, so sent them a link to the site and had email back saying he had been given it and to pop down saturday to speak to him about it.

So going down and fingers crossed it will all be good. Just got to change my sidelights to as the ultra white ones are apparently to blue.

clio 172 cup
well mines now past, got my certificate so just persevere!!!
Lucky escape thou nearly bought that part

Westy. MX5
To be fair to testers, they do test hundreds of different models of cars and cannot be expected to know every idiosynchrosy on each model. As long as you are aware of your cars little foibles just ask the tester to check the Testing Notes as shown in a previous post and the tester will make the judgement whether to pass or fail the car.