ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Another misfire post!

Clio Trophy
So I seem to have cured the purge control valve EML issue but now when I start the car, after about a minute, I could tell the engine sounded as though it was chugging a bit and the exhaust was popping occasionally. I plugged in the code reader and it showed the reading in the photo, Just wondered if this code pointed to anything specific or if it was a trial and error scenario with coil packs, plugs etc.
Cheers
Andrew

OBD reader code.jpg
OBD reader code.jpg

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
Injectors are pretty bad for clogging on these and also the pre cat lambda sensor tends to not last that long.

Changed both of mine recently and i think the lambda sensor has made the most difference, it was graphing erratically when up to temp on part throttle.

Have either of yours been changed?

Clio Trophy
Injectors are pretty bad for clogging on these and also the pre cat lambda sensor tends to not last that long.

Changed both of mine recently and i think the lambda sensor has made the most difference, it was graphing erratically when up to temp on part throttle.

Have either of yours been changed?
Thanks for the guidance. I've checked the invoices from the previous owner and I can't see where either of these have been purchased/changed so that might be the problem. The plugs are only about 1000 miles old so they should be fine. I'll ask one of the technicians at work to check it out and try and diagnose the exact problem.
Cheers

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks for the guidance. I've checked the invoices from the previous owner and I can't see where either of these have been purchased/changed so that might be the problem. The plugs are only about 1000 miles old so they should be fine. I'll ask one of the technicians at work to check it out and try and diagnose the exact problem.
Cheers

If the plugs have been changed recently (ish), check that non of the HT leads have been trapped under the inlet plenum.

Quite common if not careful.

Not a Diesel!!!

ClioSport Club Member
  LY Meg Cup-S + MX5
Cheers

My Misfire thread. Was plugs and they had recently been changed. Single cracked plug. Did not happen immediately. Mild & intermittent initially couple of months after plugs.

Looks like you have multiple cylinders though.