ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Any love for an old Volvo?

I had an N plater in green, awesome car. The only things I didnt like were FWD in a heavy saloon with lots of torque and 23mpg.
It was invisible to police, I swear.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
I had an N plater in green, awesome car. The only things I didnt like were FWD in a heavy saloon with lots of torque and 23mpg.
It was invisible to police, I swear.
My mate used to have an old remapped estate, bought for £300. The exhaust fell off it one day when he drove home from college and he said he wasn't going to replace it due to how much the car cost him, lol. He drove into a parking space once, wheels tight up against the kerb and he just floored it and the wheels spun and spun against the kerb, never heard a roar like it. Good job he didn't catch grip!

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
I found another pic of it parked next to a Ferrari.

8A8569FB-0F53-48D6-9A23-9F3E28E04422_zpsmnq64zvg.jpg

bashracing

ClioSport Club Member
I love the lack of rear wheel offset, that will be the next trend, having your wheels as far inboard as possible

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
As a former V70 owner I feel its more about image. Do you own any Hunter wellies? A Barbour jacket? Anything tweed? Do you have exceptionally rosy cheeks and a purple nose? Are you xenophobic? What are your thoughts on Brussels?

These are the real questions you should be asking yourself - MPG, MOT etc. are mere details.

I'm a white supremacist. Does that count?

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
The 850s for me were the pinnacle. The yellow saloons in particular. Just need a few cosmetic touches of black accessories and it would be sorted.

It's hard to find a more honest and down-to-earth marque than Volvo. They are pricey new, but built like a tank. You never buy one to 'fit in' with the rest of the company car park. And even the one I was a passenger in, over in Canada that had a Christmas Tree of warning lights on the dash - still worked.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
As a former V70 owner I feel its more about image. Do you own any Hunter wellies? A Barbour jacket? Anything tweed? Do you have exceptionally rosy cheeks and a purple nose? Are you xenophobic? What are your thoughts on Brussels?

These are the real questions you should be asking yourself - MPG, MOT etc. are mere details.

I was at my Volvo dealership today to flash some software over.

FT on the table, proper fresh brewed coffee, all the staff spoke with upper recieved pronunciation and the female talent was absolutely biblical.

I don't think it's aimed at skinflint divers.

RB Clio 182
I was at my Volvo dealership today to flash some software over.

FT on the table, proper fresh brewed coffee, all the staff spoke with upper recieved pronunciation and the female talent was absolutely biblical.

I don't think it's aimed at skinflint divers.

Dont judge a book by its cover, some millionaires dress like tramps, thats why they are millionaires, Volvo staff are probably on minimum wage and have practiced proper English at uni for 3 years.

I prefer chavy birds!

I bet the coffee was nice tho.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Dont judge a book by its cover, some millionaires dress like tramps, thats why they are millionaires, Volvo staff are probably on minimum wage and have practiced proper English at uni for 3 years.

I prefer chavy birds!

I bet the coffee was nice tho.

No car dealership front-of-house staff are on minimum wage, everyone makes decent money.

It sure was!

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
I still lust over a sub £500 850 saloon, just not many about! A shed of a T5 with an LPG conversion would be ideal. f**k parking sensors, big tow bar does the same job.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
My parents used to have a string of volvos, from 240s to 740s to 440s even.

As above, having a towbar really helped with rear end shunts. It did some serious damage once or twice!

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
I wonder what the 2.5T 850 engine is like? Low boost version of the T5? I know the T5 is a 2.3 They seem to be a lot more common than the T5.

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
Volvo deal is officially off.

After chasing the seller for two weeks I have had to give up.

More money for the Evo I guess!

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Lol the Volvo I wanted to buy seems to be a no go now. Seller says he needs to keep it for a couple weeks. Balls