ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Any way of being able to tell if the cambelt has been done?!

WANTED: RB 182
Sorry again for my countless 'noob' posts but im finding that my 182 quest is turning into a nightmare!

Basically the one in my last post was sold before I got to view it, one has come up about 15mins from my house;

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/3055084.htm

However when i have called the trader to see if the cambelt has been done he said that there is no evidence of it but the previous owner claimed it HAD been done?! Now I did a search and this car used to belong to a guy on the forum, but none of his posts that i could see mentioned the job being done at all and it looked like he owned it about 4-5 years ago.

Is there any way I can tell if I go and view the car?!

If it has a full service history he should have evidence to show the servicing has been done at the appropriate time. If the service book doesn't mention the belt has been changed when it should have been then he's falsely advertising the vehicle.

Back when I was looking at 182s all I heard was that there is no way to know for sure (anyone can write 'cambelt' in the service book too) so without a receipt it'd need it doing, haggle value for you though.

Audi A3
Don't think you can to be honest. Fella I got mine offtold me he'd done it himself, I was convinced so popped along to birchdown who did it for me and said they were 98% sure it hadn't !

yeah nwp have done 2 of my 182's without a problem at all..
yet
Mines NWP done and never had any problems! Watched him do it and they used all the correct tools so don't gob off when you know naff all
i watched the gas engineer fix my boiler and he had got loads of tools doesn't mean he knows what he is doing!! do a search on nwp before you get on your high horse...lol