ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Anybody removed the airbag ecu without problems?

all my airbags are removed so there is no need for the ecu and wiring just sitting there looking a mess, id like to strip it but when its unplugged and sometimes if it gets knocked the engine idles higher than normal sometimes resching 3k, anyone had the same issue and if not how much wiring can i remove? I have the diagram from renault which tells me whats every wire is and what for so it should make things easier. Ta

Clio 172 Merc ML55
I've taken it all out, cut all wiring that's no longer needed (lot more than just airbag) back to uch/fuse box with no issues

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
all my airbags are removed so there is no need for the ecu and wiring just sitting there looking a mess, id like to strip it but when its unplugged and sometimes if it gets knocked the engine idles higher than normal sometimes resching 3k, anyone had the same issue and if not how much wiring can i remove? I have the diagram from renault which tells me whats every wire is and what for so it should make things easier. Ta

Any chance you would be able to share your wiring diagram? I'm playing with mine now! I've also removed the airbag ECU, but not the wires yet. Unable to start the car at the moment so not sure if it will cause an issue or not!

@RyG
image.jpeg