ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Anyone got any r5 turbo knowledge

Titanium ph1 turbo

Hi,

ok, before anyone asks - im aware of rtoc.org, but i dont want to pay £10 just to ask a question...

Ok, the cars been off the road for the winter, i decided to get it MOTd today, so charged up the battery, started it up etc, no problems...

took it to get some petrol, no 4* or LRP round my way so I stuck £10 worth of 97 ron unleaded in it...

on the way to the MOT station I noticed when i was applying even the slightest of acceleration to make the turbo wind up, it was hesitating and stuttering ....

brought the car home, went and got some lead additive and stuck some of that in... it now feels even worse, not ticking over smoothly even at idle now... feels like its running on 3 cylinders or so...

anyone got any ideas?

Ziel Nurburgring

Plugs? Doubt adding a higher Ron fuel would cause any problems as as far as i know it doesnt adjust to recognise it.

Id say plugs or leads both common to replace. plugs (normally the one directly under the carb) gets too much fuel and needs a clean up or the leads might have broken down. Do the pull one lead off at a time to check trick. Fuel will be fine to run on SUL they are normally sufficiently carboned up on the valve seats the only issue you might have is needing the ignition timing adjusted if it pinks.

Nippy white cup

Yeah sounds like plugs/leads. They went on mine....just when it boosted and usually flew it started missing instead...ahh the joys of owning a 5 turbo! (But I WILL have another!)

chris

EVO VII

You can run them on 97 RON, i run 22 psi on this fuel. Heres a list to check:

1. HT leads

2. Dizzy cap & rotor arm

3. Spark plugs

4. AEI connections ( its the blackbox near your battery )

5. Timing sensor ( its runs from the AEI unit to the plate near the flywheel under the turbo )

6. Alternator connetions.

7. Mixture Screw hasnt come loose.

8. Dirt in the carb.

The top 5 are the most likey cause of your problem.

[Edited by JayGTT on 11 July 2005 at 4:38pm]

[Edited by JayGTT on 11 July 2005 at 4:39pm]

Titanium ph1 turbo

indeed I can, its a renault 5 GT Turbo...

youre thinking of the renault 5 turbo2 which was the mid engined one!

Massey6465 & saxo1.1

Dizzy cap used to cause probs on mine,needed to be in good condition or car wouldnt run to well.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8

fuel filter could also be clogged up... meaning not enuff fuel getting through....

take top of carb off and check the jets are clean and not blocked up...

could be fuel pressure regulator gone too....

how long has it been stood ???

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

If there was some old fuel in there this could be the problem, it degrades over time, so if its been stood for months it will be mailto:cr@p">cr@p

clio v6

Quote: Originally posted by chris79 on 11 July 2005

indeed I can, its a renault 5 GT Turbo...

youre thinking of the renault 5 turbo2 which was the mid engined one!

sorry mate...the 5 turbo AND the 5 turbo 2 were mid engined...

I have 0ne..