ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Anyone got the KONI STRT kit?

SEAT Ibiza SC FR
I've got two rear shockers on the way out on my Clio Si (X Reg'ed 2000) and I was looking at just throwing caution to the wind and lowering the thing slightly. I've always been uphappy with the big wheel arches, but I like the 14 inch wheels that the car has, they suit it really well.

I was looking at getting the Koni STRT kit, my Granddad (mechanic for 40 years) reckons Koni's are good. And he can get me a cheapo trade price on them, got no probs fitting them either with the amount of French Car loving mechanics in the family.

But are they any good on the Clio? I was also wondering about wheel spacers, the wheels sit fairly well in on the arches and I wanted to push them out a bit so they look better and hopefully make it better on the road with the wider track.

Opinions? Remember, I'm a tight student, I can't afford fancy crap, I need good on a budget!

Cheers guys.

EDIT: Also, it's only a 35mm drop. Nothing stupid. I'm not a t**t.

Last edited:

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
koni adjustables are spot on dont know about the cheaper kits though. i had both Apex -60mm kit and FK Konigsport Coilovers on mine and loved both, coilovers were awesome but not worth the extra money handling wise, i just liked the lowered 90mm look lol

Clio & Mitsu ASX
Mine ar on order for about 8 weeks now, but the problem is with the papercrap you need with lowering here in Belgium.

They should arrive somewhere middle of January...

I don't think there great but then again I don't rate any cheap stuff.

If you ant good learn how to use the car as standard you'll be quicker and safer.

SEAT Ibiza SC FR
I don't think there great but then again I don't rate any cheap stuff.

If you ant good learn how to use the car as standard you'll be quicker and safer.

Wha? I can use the car standard, trust me mate. I'm not some pikey, I can drive fine.

Anyway, as I said the two rear shocks are on their way out and I'd like it lowering. I don't really get what you're saying.

I've got two rear shockers on the way out on my Clio Si (X Reg'ed 2000)

I was looking at getting the Koni STRT kit, my Granddad reckons Koni's are good.

But are they any good on the Clio? I was also wondering about wheel spacers, the wheels sit fairly well in on the arches and I wanted to push them out a bit so they look better and hopefully make it better on the road with the wider track.

Opinions? Remember, I'm a tight student, I can't afford fancy crap, I need good on a budget!

EDIT: Also, it's only a 35mm drop. Nothing stupid. I'm not a tw*t.

Wha? I can use the car standard, trust me mate. I'm not some pikey, I can drive fine.

Anyway, as I said the two rear shocks are on their way out and I'd like it lowering. I don't really get what you're saying.
Just because you think you can doesn't mean you can even F1 drivers have people to help them get the most.

As for what I'm saying well, as I quoted from your first post you asked if the Koni kit was any good on Clio's and hence I stated "I don't think there great but then again I don't rate any cheap stuff."

As for not being a pikey not sure what that has to do with driving but if your refering to your willingness to spend a lot of money on a good product that I'd recomend then yes. I do think your being cheap expecting what I'd deem better than stock for a cheap price.

Good and budgt don't go regards modifying a car spend a lot or replace with stock IMO. You asked for views and thats them. Your probably not going to agree and have your mind set so good luck to you if you need any help and advice were here weather you take it isn't for us to say.